Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The value of mesh

Beej160

Hi guys

Just wanted to check the space behind the front grilles since DIY mesh 1.5yrs ago.

Not even a tiny stone did I find behind the grilles!

Sorry if the pics are sideways :pc:

Attachments

• cavity1_178.jpg
    cavity1_178.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,856
  • cavity2_178.jpg
    cavity2_178.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,856
Nice, I've not checked mine yet but hopefully I will find the same.

Wow! :eek:

Really must fit some, after 2 years my air con rads are battered with no mesh, still working though, for now. :D

I replaced one of my AC condensers recently due to leaking, shall do the other side and both coolant rads and maybe add a centre rad too in the next few months... And add some mesh at that point!

Good result.

I've just done rads and condensers but didn't add mesh as I like the standard front bumper openings and the car does low miles. I think I may add some though to protect all of my hard work.

JS1500-

Read up about 3rd rads before you spend your hard earned cash.

Hartech say -

"I have no problem with anyone fitting a third radiator if they want to but so far our tests suggest it is not an important factor."

Thread here -

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=89494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

The above is about 997s but I'm guessing the principle is the same?
Either way read up a bit. I've fitted an LTT, but won't bother with the 3rd rad.

Apologies for thread derailment OP. :thumb:

Which kit is best without having to remove or cut the OE plastic grills?

I know you can make your own but I would also like to do this but using a pre-made kit.

C4-STORM said:

I know you can make your own but I would also like to do this but using a pre-made kit.

Don't buy the Rennline kit, it's easier to make your own as the mesh is badly shaped and difficult to bend! Zunsport looks good but it's a lot of money, it was my first choice but Design911 didn't have it in stock. Design911 now have a cheaper kit but it's still expensive, I can't comment as I haven't seen it.

maldren said:
C4-STORM said:

Don't buy the Rennline kit, it's easier to make your own as the mesh is badly shaped and difficult to bend! Zunsport looks good but it's a lot of money, it was my first choice but Design911 didn't have it in stock. Design911 now have a cheaper kit but it's still expensive, I can't comment as I haven't seen it.

Thanks Maldren. I thought with the Zunsport you had to remove the plastic grills, someone did mention a kit which you can attach and leave the grills in situ??

Marky911 said:
Good result.

I've just done rads and condensers but didn't add mesh as I like the standard front bumper openings and the car does low miles. I think I may add some though to protect all of my hard work.

JS1500-

Read up about 3rd rads before you spend your hard earned cash.

Hartech say -

"I have no problem with anyone fitting a third radiator if they want to but so far our tests suggest it is not an important factor."

Thread here -

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=89494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

The above is about 997s but I'm guessing the principle is the same?
Either way read up a bit. I've fitted an LTT, but won't bother with the 3rd rad.

Apologies for thread derailment OP. :thumb:

Thanks for the input Marky. Maybe I won't bother with the centre rad... I do have a LTT and new water pump waiting to go on too...

coullstar said:
C4-STORM said:

It costs about £15 to do yourself and is really quite easy.

What mesh did you use, Graeme? Sorry if covered elsewhere...

I bought black aluminium mesh off Ebay, easy to bend and very cheap. I used stainless screws to fasten the mesh to the back of the spoiler.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back