Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Used carbon tip gear lever, hope I can fix it 😂

Ah you brought it mate, hopefully its am easy fix :thumb:

Got s mate who works in the US so he bought it and will smuggle it in with his drugs :floor: £160 worth a punt :thumb:

:floor: :floor: well worth a go mate , you going to try and use the spring from your old one. :thumb: I thought your mate was a people trafficer not a drug baron :floor: :floor: :floor:
yes that's the plan, no he stopped people trafficking after he supplied the wife :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very good :grin: :thumb: I am sure you didnt intend that to read like he stopped after supplying the wife which looked like its because his quality and standards had slipped so he stopped . I am sure shes not that bad mate :grin: :grin:
no she ok as long as I keep sending the money home to her family :floor: :floor:

2 x Rear Tyres

Being fitted on Thursday by Event Tyres

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Used carbon tip gear lever, hope I can fix it 😂

Ah you brought it mate, hopefully its am easy fix :thumb:

Got s mate who works in the US so he bought it and will smuggle it in with his drugs :floor: £160 worth a punt :thumb:

:floor: :floor: well worth a go mate , you going to try and use the spring from your old one. :thumb: I thought your mate was a people trafficer not a drug baron :floor: :floor: :floor:
yes that's the plan, no he stopped people trafficking after he supplied the wife :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very good :grin: :thumb: I am sure you didnt intend that to read like he stopped after supplying the wife which looked like its because his quality and standards had slipped so he stopped . I am sure shes not that bad mate :grin: :grin:
no she ok as long as I keep sending the money home to her family :floor: :floor:

:floor: :floor: :grin:

New discs and pads all round for my 997.2 C4S today. Happy to get my hands dirty and only took me about 1h45 mins for all 4 corners. Little nippy outside so had to wear my thermals however!

Sebro and Textar stuff.

38683889205_0fec81888c_k.jpg

27803311819_47d1f449de_k.jpg

Nik said:
Rich, is that an easy job to do ?

First time I've done them on a Porsche and I have to say it's easy if you're confident working on brakes/have done them on other cars in the past. Plus having the right tools to hand helps as well (impact driver, pin pinch etc).

Rich_r said:
Nik said:
Rich, is that an easy job to do ?

First time I've done them on a Porsche and I have to say it's easy if you're confident working on brakes/have done them on other cars in the past. Plus having the right tools to hand helps as well (impact driver, pin pinch etc).

I did my fronts on the weekend. Clearly I'm not as good with spanners as Rich. Took me about 4-5 hours as I have issues with getting the rotor screws out. Had to drill all 4 of them out which took up a lot more time. Without any issues it is straightforward through.

boardingnath997 said:
I did my fronts on the weekend. Clearly I'm not as good with spanners as Rich. Took me about 4-5 hours as I have issues with getting the rotor screws out. Had to drill all 4 of them out which took up a lot more time. Without any issues it is straightforward through.

Yeah rusty screws etc will add on the time for sure. As my car is a low milage import, the screws came out without any problems and the discs just needed a gentle tap with a rubber hammer to pop them off. I'm no mechanic, but dabbled for years on my own cars so just learnt to research and be very methodical (and have the right tools!)

Steering wheel refurbed by Royal

Attachments

• 9d8b719f_0816_4b07_b8df_3ebceabae0b3_506.jpeg
    9d8b719f_0816_4b07_b8df_3ebceabae0b3_506.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 4,041
New set of wheel nuts all round.

silvermilnec said:
Steering wheel refurbed by Royal

That looks first class. Nice choice of materials and colours.

Zunnsport grills fitted today (too dark to get a finished photo) Kline fitted last week along with MOT and oil service.

Attachments

• image_378.jpeg
    image_378.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,966
  • image_693.jpeg
    image_693.jpeg
    960.6 KB · Views: 3,966
  • image_405.jpeg
    image_405.jpeg
    711.3 KB · Views: 3,966
Nice job, what do you think of the Kline?

silvermilnec said:
Nice job, what do you think of the Kline?

Having only pootled around locally to the MOT centre and to my Indy for an oil service, I have yet to get the damn thing hot enough to give it the beans! However, it sounds promising with a nice rumble and already a marked improvement from the stock system so well happy :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back