Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deposit Paid: Does anyone know this car? (06 C2S Gen 1)

tom_nieto said:
Scholester said:
Fantastic news Tom. Glad all will be ready for you come collection time. Who did you use for PPI in the end?

I used Porsche Dynamics in the end. Seemed knowledgeable enough and did a bore inspection and a diagnosis is printout as well as spotting the minor issues with oil leakage. I guess only time will tell about how good they were!

They have my silver 997 in at the moment for a little titivation. The main man there is Yon Asim who was formerly Porsche London / AFN for many many years.

Enjoy the car, it looks great!

yacht broker said:
They have my silver 997 in at the moment for a little titivation. The main man there is Yon Asim who was formerly Porsche London / AFN for many many years.

Enjoy the car, it looks great!

Thanks, that's great to hear. He seemed to know what he was taking about and I'm glad to hear a positive independent review.

The interior is metropole blue. The interior trimmer is very close to where my folks live so it might be convenient to drop the car off with him to do a couple of bits. In all honesty the interior is looking pretty good and the only thing that really lets it down is the climate control switches!

Just to be pedantic I think the 997 blue leather interior is Ocean Blue. :paperbag:

Metropole Blue is the 996 colour...

Whatever... I really like it! Makes a change from Black.

Still loving my 911! Gave it a wash and wax yesterday - hopefully it won't rain again this week!

I also realised that I didn't update about Centre Gravity. I think I've posted about it elsewhere, but in summary their attention to detail is amazing and it's a great way to learn about your car and have a good poke around. I asked the guys to dial out a bit of the understeer and make it slightly more neutral. It handles brilliantly as a result and I'm really pleased that I pretty much headed straight there to make sure all was well and sorted. A £40 track rod end was all that needed replacing and everything else looked in great condition.

I also took the car down to Zuffenhaus near Solihull. Really great chat with the father and son team there who are real Porsche enthusiasts. The sump leak (oil misting) persists but it's not enough to cause major concern. I'm going to enjoy driving it for now and take it in for its service later in the summer.

The grin hasn't worn off six months later. I'm just about to hit 31,000 miles.

Attachments

• img_3861_158.jpg
    img_3861_158.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 5,903
  • img_3862_560.jpg
    img_3862_560.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 5,903
  • img_3863_843.jpg
    img_3863_843.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 5,903
I've had my 997 for almost a year and it's just passed its MOT.

So far running costs are:

Insurance £824
Center Gravity + tie rod end £450
Zuffenhaus major plus service £479
MOT Pass £54 (advisory for a stone chip in the windscreen and the under trays being fitted!)
Petrol ££

All being well next year should be a bit cheaper as it'll just be a minor oil change service and MOT. I didn't really need the full service but wanted it doing as it's the first of my ownership.Center Gravity is a bit of a luxury but it's much better to drive as a result and it's great peace of mind having everything looked over with a fine toothed comb.

Plans for this year will be to drive it and try to get the paint looking as awesome as possible as often as possible (need to get more polish and probably a professional detail). I would like to get round to refurbing the climate control buttons and updating the sat nav maps. No plans for wild modding, if anything I'd get a new air filter and bypass the resonator, but honestly the money is probably better spent on more petrol or a fresh set of rear tyres when the time comes. It's always such an event to drive the car, it brings a huge smile to my face

Tom, happy first anniversary. :lol:

Have a terrific 2018 in the car. :thumbs:

Professional detailing is always well worth considering, especially if finished off with a ceramic coating as this extends the appearance for some considerable time.

tom_nieto said:
............. I've had my 997 for almost a year ........

:congrats:

I read the whole thread from the start thinking I'd read it all somewhere before. I only sussed it was started in January 2017 when I came across my own post. :coat:

Tom , car still looking lovely, good to hear you had a trouble free motoring year. love midnight my gen1 was midnight . :thumb:

Started reading this thread, thinking it was a new one but behold we are no longer in 2017!

Lovely looking car and great colour. Not usually a fan of 997 Cabriolets but yours looks fantastic.

happy 1st Tom. Was getting a massive sense of deja vu before i read 2017!

Are you around Harlow? If so, Matt at Porschacare based in Welwyn Garden is terrific. He's had mine today for a coolant pipe, SSK and general look at the roof to stop it making noises, all in all, £289, and picked the car up and brought it back (I'm in Hertford)

Still miss my S2000 and values are still climbing, so will one day get one as a pure fun car!

Also ordered 2 new rears today from F1 in Hertford, bargain at £260 fitted for MPS4S.

if you are nearby should say hello some time!

Hi resigner, I'm up in Birmingham so had to travel a little way to collect the car. Glad I did though! Will say hi if I'm ever down your way! I would still have my S2000 if I had a double garage is what I keep telling myself. Such a great car to drive and getting increasingly expensive to source a good one.

My roof makes a bit of a rattle so it would be interesting to hear any tips or fixes to stop that.

get it tightened and lubricated. Mine seems better, haven't driven far yet though!

Good to hear you got a good car from Lakeside. I test drove one when I was looking but it whistled. They said it was wind noise and normal..... Can't remember what it is, but something has been tightened to much. Safe to say I walked away and wouldn't, personally, go back......

Small update:

Had a minor service along with fresh air conditioning condensers, front grille mesh, low temperature thermostat and replacement starter wiring loom. Lovely clean MOT and I'm ready to go for another year!

COVID-19 has meant a paltry 500 miles between MOTs this year (did 800 on the pushbike for goodness sake!). This will increase next year for sure due to a change in job location.

I can't thank Zuffenhaus enough for their attention to detail and work on the car. It's in great hands!

Attachments

• img_3308_421.jpeg
    img_3308_421.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,511
  • img_3306_745.jpeg
    img_3306_745.jpeg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 1,511
I use guys at Zuffenhaus and can also say they have been great so far [/list]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member