Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Biffa present on boxing day

Fulla said:
cableguy said:
Obviously much more to it than it looks. If it's glass out and paint/blend into the roof and rear wings then have you thought about any other preventative works while the car is with them. It could be an ideal opportunity to get the rear chassis legs checked, sills, inner lip on rear arches etc.
I'm sure the garage involved would offer a favourable rate seeing as most of it will be stripped anyway. :wink:

C.

Hi CG - Yes have already thought of preventative items. I had intended to get some areas sorted over winter and now it will all get done at the same time.
Hadn't thought to check the sills so will get this added to the list.

Every cloud as they say...

:thumb:

As NottsRS has mentioned re the stamped shell no. on the engine cover. I'd ask the garage for the damaged engine lid to keep as wall art and also for proof that it was nothing major if you ever come to sell in the future.

C.

NottsRS said:
Ouch! :evil:

Shame they're having to replace the rear lid as the car's unique shell number is stamped on the top edge, this matches the ones under bonnet, each door top, rear bulkhead top under parcel shelf and behind lower dash.

Colour matching the grill will look good on the dark exterior, and as you say leave badge off you can always affix at a later date.

:thumb:

Never knew about the shell number. Will make sure I keep the rear deck then...maybe I can make a clock out of it and hang on my shed wall....

Sorry for your troubles, I do hope you can find the silver lining Fulla.
WRT the spoiler, I'd definitely go for the 2S split item. A pal has one on his silver 4S, looks fab.
Feck convention!

Jamie ....... sorry to hear of your woes ...... Although I think the split rear wotsit looks much better ...... I would stay with the original ....... but perhaps update it by having it painted in a colour of your choice ...... It was one of the better things that I had done to my old girl ....... :)

btw ....... we are still about in Ealing if ever you fancy to meet up ....... :)

Keep it real chum :thumb:

You came off better than my neighbours Merc SL which was written off by a Biffa before Christmas. Driver's first week on the job! Rear end opended it up like a tin opener :what:

Sorry too great that Jamie. Hope it gets sorted out soon and properly!

Zingari said:
Keep it real chum :thumb:

You came off better than my neighbours Merc SL which was written off by a Biffa before Christmas. Driver's first week on the job! Rear end opended it up like a tin opener :what:

Can't complain as it has done me a favour with 1 or 2 items I needed doing...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back