Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Discs and Pads

Just to add that the Borg & Beck discs and Pagid RS pads worked very well on track on Friday, no fade, no judder or other unwanted occurances during multiple lap runs and heavy use :thumb:

( Mallory Park is a tiny circuit @1.3 miles, so it is all 2,3,4th gear and heavy brakes into a tight hairpin )

kurlykris said:
Scholester said:
From where did you source yours KK?

My local car parts place just up the road from me, he gets in anything I might need to do a job, then sends back what I don`t use. He also gives me trade prices as he`s a fellow Porsche owner (993 ) :grin:

For instance there are 2 types of brake pads on my Boxster and 2 different types of wear sensors, so he got 4 sets of pads in and both types of wear sensors just in case :grin:

I was quite surprised, given that I am probably the only Porsche owner in my town, that he had 987 Boxster S Pagid disks and pads in stock :lol:

He was the one that recommended the Borg & Beck :thumbs:

That is very handy indeed. Borg & Beck don't seem to be too popular with the usual online factors which seems a shame if they are better than OEM.

cheshire911 said:
My Indy recommends Sebro discs. There are no after-market discs for 996 Turbo. The manufacturer for 996 Turbo does not supply outside of OPC under their contractual terms. For non-Turbo cars there are OEM discs (though I don't know who they are - Pagid or Sebro- and I'm talking discs, not pads).

That's really useful when the op has a 997.

Found the front on eBay cheaper for Borg & Beck

BBD6044S
BBD6045S

Rear codes are: BBD6046S & BBD6047S

This is for:

996 Turbo
996 C4S
997 C2S
997 C4S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members