Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering 997

Mr02ard said:
I have some used h&r springs for sale if anyone is interested? Took them off my turbo, they've covered about 1500 miles. Was after £150- pm me if anyone is interested 20mm drop

Cheers Aaron.
Why did you remove them Aaron? Did you replace them with stock or another aftermarket make? Any photos of your car with H&R v current set-up?

Hey mate- I removed them as the car has been put back to standard as I'm selling the car, removed them and the sharkwerks x pipe which has been sold now 👍🏼

Mr02ard said:
Hey mate- I removed them as the car has been put back to standard as I'm selling the car, removed them and the sharkwerks x pipe which has been sold now 👍🏼
Makes sense. Post up some pics of your car with them fitted and it will help with your sale :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Roocat, so much depends on what you want personally and things like what tyres your running, as tyres like MPSS have a very small rim protector which would allow you to go wider and keep the ethsetics whereas MPS2 have a much bigger rim protector. It also depends on the wheels you have as even Porsche alloys differ in width. So to answer your question we need a bit more info mate.

re buying spacers Porscheshop sell nice ones and have them with spiggots down to 3mm which is very hard to find elsewhere , as most sell under 7mm as just shims even though they call them hubcentric.

I have also used TPI for wider spacers that are hubcentric.

Remember some are worried they will get gravel rash so opt for a narrower spacer others dont care and want the widest possible that wont rub the arch, other will even go as far as rolling the arch to get wider spacers.

Having said all that waffle :grin: :grin: It seems the genrally accepted optimum is 7mm front and 15mm rear on a C2S.

Good luck with the lowering you will I am sure be happy with the techarts. :thumb:

thanks all for the info. And sorry Phil, realise more info would have helped!.

I have 19 " Carrera S ll wheels with Bridgstone tyres

this is mine lowered on eibach, i feel like the rear has come down a bit compared to day1 when i got them fitted, very happy with the arches, but thinking of going 15mm spacers in the rear (currently 7mm front and rear).

FYI i have a new and used set of eibach pro springs for sale! Pm if interest

sL3tIDd.jpg

roocat said:
Phil 997 said:
Roocat, so much depends on what you want personally and things like what tyres your running, as tyres like MPSS have a very small rim protector which would allow you to go wider and keep the ethsetics whereas MPS2 have a much bigger rim protector. It also depends on the wheels you have as even Porsche alloys differ in width. So to answer your question we need a bit more info mate.

re buying spacers Porscheshop sell nice ones and have them with spiggots down to 3mm which is very hard to find elsewhere , as most sell under 7mm as just shims even though they call them hubcentric.

I have also used TPI for wider spacers that are hubcentric.

Remember some are worried they will get gravel rash so opt for a narrower spacer others dont care and want the widest possible that wont rub the arch, other will even go as far as rolling the arch to get wider spacers.

Having said all that waffle :grin: :grin: It seems the genrally accepted optimum is 7mm front and 15mm rear on a C2S.

Good luck with the lowering you will I am sure be happy with the techarts. :thumb:

thanks all for the info. And sorry Phil, realise more info would have helped!.

I have 19 " Carrera S ll wheels with Bridgstone tyres

19 " Carrera S ll they are 8" front and 11" rear for the C2S so the std width so you should be fine with what is regarded as accepted with 7mm and 15mm spacers but in the end only you know what stance you want :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back