Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S suspension ------------------

-- 997 --

Hi all. My car has done 65k before the engine build and am wondering at what mileage aprox does the suspension may need to be changed. I have PASM.

Also how long does the suspension last for..

Cheers

J

Demort said:
Dont change the shocks untill there is a reason to do so IMHO.

Ok, I was thinking of changing the springs and do the shocks at the same time just a matter of refresh the suspension etc..... hmmmm dilemma time. :grin:

Cheers

J

I'm having the exact same dilemma. My shocks are 13 years old and done 60k miles including thousands of speed bumps and about 6 trackdays. However my top mounts need replacing so while the strut is apart I thought I might as well replace the shocks while I'm at it. I'm also already running Eibach springs which have been on the car for about 2 years and 25k miles.

I think my shocks may be fine but still tempted to replace with a set of Bilstein B4's due to the fact they are not that expensive and just think a new shock should perform better than a 13 year old slightly rusty one. :dont know: Does anyone know if there is a difference between B4's and original. This link makes the B4 may even be a slight improvement? https://www.tyrepress.com/2014/08/b...he-997-non-turbo-b4-pasm-damper-replacements/

krispe said:
I'm having the exact same dilemma. My shocks are 13 years old and done 60k miles including thousands of speed bumps and about 6 trackdays. However my top mounts need replacing so while the strut is apart I thought I might as well replace the shocks while I'm at it. I'm also already running Eibach springs which have been on the car for about 2 years and 25k miles.

I think my shocks may be fine but still tempted to replace with a set of Bilstein B4's due to the fact they are not that expensive and just think a new shock should perform better than a 13 year old slightly rusty one. :dont know: Does anyone know if there is a difference between B4's and original. This link makes the B4 may even be a slight improvement? https://www.tyrepress.com/2014/08/b...he-997-non-turbo-b4-pasm-damper-replacements/

The Bilstein B4 Pasm shocks are £326 +vat each corner !! Might aswell go for the B6 for little extra !!

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back