Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Aero Kit Bumper

I'm after the aero kit bumper for the front of my c2s but can't seem to find it for under £800ish...even used, damaged ones on eBay!
Can anyone point me in the right direction where I might find it for cheaper than this?
I've seen a couple of knock off ones on eBay which show a picture of a Gt3 and then probably a totally different bumper turns up! Judging by the eBay feedback!

Unfortunately that seems to be the going rate.

From experience you might need to just bite the bullet.

Much better to buy a used OEM bumper than go after market where quality and fit are often poor and might require more time to prep and paint.

Unfortunately that seems to be the going rate.

From experience you might need to just bite the bullet.

Much better to buy a used OEM bumper than go after market where quality and fit are often poor and might require more time to prep and paint.

I would deffinitly avoid the GRP/fibreglass aftermarket ones , if your going aftermarket find a PU one, the OE ones do show up on ebay from time to time but £600 to £1000 is what they sell for
dont forget you will need the GT3 type intakes so if they dont come wit it budget another £150ish. The centre one on tips and blanking panel on manuals is the same so you can use your old one. :thumb:

Mikee Quickstep said:
https://teile.com/en/porsche-tequipment-shop/model-911-997/15/Exterieur/802A-Front-bumper/44/Aero-Kit-CUP-GT3-Look-front-bumper-covering-without-headlight-washer-system/14218

I've been looking for ages and I think this is the best price you will get, brand new oem for 870 euros.

The big problem for me isn't the bumper it's finding the aerocup / gt3 wing at an affordable price, brand new is like 4.5k and 2nd hand still well over 2.5.... :nooo:

That is a good option Mike :thumb:

just a heads up for anyone looking for an aero wing ,make sure you dont buy a GT3 wing as the air intake is in the wrong place and the fan is also in the wrong place . So make sure you see a pic of the underside. as its hard to tell from the outside as you cant actually see that the aero is a one position wing and the GT3 has an adjustable wing
Also when you find your aero wing dont be surprissed if you need to buy a different fan (only about£80 ) as the three screw type with the light on it may have to be changed to a 4 screw type with no light .

:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
just a heads up for anyone looking for an aero wing ,make sure you dont buy a GT3 wing as the air intake is in the wrong place and the fan is also in the wrong place . So make sure you see a pic of the underside. as its hard to tell from the outside as you cant actually see that the aero is a one position wing and the GT3 has an adjustable wing
Also when you find your aero wing dont be surprissed if you need to buy a different fan (only about£80 ) as the three screw type with the light on it may have to be changed to a 4 screw type with no light .

Ah thanks Phil don't know that! When I eventually find the cash I'll make sure I buy the right one! :thumb:

Personally I would not touch a copy part unless it had already been prepped and fitted by someone previously.

I know of someone who has an aerokit rear spoiler in storage, could ask him if he wants to sell it if you want me to :thumbs:

good luck with the search.

HSC911 said:
I know of someone who has an aerokit rear spoiler in storage, could ask him if he wants to sell it if you want me to :thumbs:

Would definitely be interested to see how much it's going for if you could ask?!

Mikee Quickstep said:
HSC911 said:

Would definitely be interested to see how much it's going for if you could ask?!

Will ask now.

PM me your number and I'll send some pics via whatsapp :thumb:

For OP, FYI have just bought the aerokit bumper off ebay through Teile with an offer of 750 euros with 96 euros P+P for a brand new OEM bumper (advertised for 869 euros). Reckon this is the best offer you'll get.

Have also now ordered the front splitter / spolier in black plastic and the plastic grill inserts for the left and right vents from OPC.

FYI they supply the front splitter in primer for painting as a Carrera Aerokit part and the black plastic one as the GT3 part, they are identical apart from the finish. Part numbers for the inserts are 99750598700 and 99750598800.

Splitter was £254, L+R inserts were £23 each. Got them to do a trade price through mentioning the forum so £274 in total.

Good luck if you go ahead with it! :thumb:

I had a front bumper from Teile, it is perfect but you must take off all the primer its supplied with as its not good stuff, this is why they are so cheap from them...

robbiej said:
I had a front bumper from Teile, it is perfect but you must take off all the primer its supplied with as its not good stuff, this is why they are so cheap from them...

Cool will bear in mind thanks! :thumb:

Mikee Quickstep said:
For OP, FYI have just bought the aerokit bumper off ebay through Teile with an offer of 750 euros with 96 euros P+P for a brand new OEM bumper (advertised for 869 euros). Reckon this is the best offer you'll get.

Have also now ordered the front splitter / spolier in black plastic and the plastic grill inserts for the left and right vents from OPC.

FYI they supply the front splitter in primer for painting as a Carrera Aerokit part and the black plastic one as the GT3 part, they are identical apart from the finish. Part numbers for the inserts are 99750598700 and 99750598800.

Splitter was £254, L+R inserts were £23 each. Got them to do a trade price through mentioning the forum so £274 in total.

Good luck if you go ahead with it! :thumb:

Was this a one off or do they have more? Have had a search on ebay and can't see a Teile ebay shop?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back