Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

L322 TDV8

my advise is look for the later one with the digital dash and halo headlights think they started about 09 ,lots of nice comfort spec mine has the timed heater which means I come out in the morning to a warm and defrosted car thats the best thing about it for me . they are no better on fuel than the 911 but thats not an issue if your just sloping around. the two things you need to check is condition of the tailgate they rust badly and many have had a repair it will come back. and water ingress around the audio components in the rear left panel ,I had to replace my bluetooth phone unit due to that . if its had the LR fix you will see plastic wrap inside the compartment. not a great fix from a LR but it does the job.
But IMO they are nice cars for just dog walking , going to the tip, beach.shopping etc etc.
Never taken it further than 120 miles as I would use the Porsche for that. :grin:
rear entertainment is also a nice feature if you have kids

repairs have cost me in the past year about the same as the 911 circa £1000/1200

I run a 3.6 vogue SE as a daily.

The best advice I was given was to use the engine properly, if you sit looking at the MPG trying to get it as high as possible then expect turbo and EGR problems and if doing short trips open it up properly once a week.

Running costs aren't bad unless you venture into a dealership. Find a good little indy and save a few quid to put towards the road tax.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/ is a good source of info

Thanks for all the advice. I bottled it in the end, and went for an E70 30D. I had an X5 years ago (E53) and this is a huge improvement. Hoping it'll be reliable and efficient (09 plate with 35k on the clock), and have organised a 3 year warranty. Will definitely look at L322 4.4 diesels when time comes to trade for something else
:thumb:

Roro said:
Thanks for all the advice. I bottled it in the end, and went for an E70 30D. I had an X5 years ago (E53) and this is a huge improvement. Hoping it'll be reliable and efficient (09 plate with 35k on the clock), and have organised a 3 year warranty. Will definitely look at L322 4.4 diesels when time comes to trade for something else
:thumb:

Probably a wise choice - I have bad prior experience with RR/LR product.

I've had 3 Amazons since those dark days - one I did 90k miles in 3 years and only issue was a fan belt and a rear bulb. It's got 2 fan belts.... :)

And my maintenance is nowhere near the figures on 911.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back