Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.6 clutch bleeding issue

Harv

Chaps could you help to confirm what I think this issue here is?

Car has been stood a year doing my engine, no hydraulic lines disconnected but I cannot now get a decent clutch pedal.

I've made sure the fluid reservoir is topped right and and tried sucking fluid through the bleed nipples and a motive blended with pressure applied to to the reservoir. If I pump and pump the pedal I can get a decent ish feel to the clutch but come back the next day and the pedal is on the floor.

When pumping repeatedly it sound like there's air in the mc above the pedal (squishy noise).

I don't see how this can go bad just sitting there but perhaps it has.

No fluid leaks in the system as far as I can detect at the mc or slave

:dont know:

Gut feeling .. master or slave cyl has had it .

Sometimes clutches can be a bitch to bleed .. all you can do is pressure and suck .. try fast bleeding .. nipple open many fast pumps then shut followed by open close with each press of the pedal ( youll have to pull the pedal up by hand though ) .

If the system hasent been open so no air then im back to my first comment .. a seal in one of the cylinders has gone .. master being the most obvious .

What happens when you bleed it again after the pedal goes long? If air comes out then you have a leak somewhere. If no air comes out then likely a seal in the m/c has gone

Thanks Demort

That's what I suspect too, I've tried the fast bleed and doing the slow bleed with pedal pumps.

S-M I will try re-bleeding tomorrow with the long pedal but suspect air will come out as it can be heard above the pedal in the mc.

I'm leaning towards changing both master and slave (or attempting to replace the seals in them) as I'm sure they are original to the car.

A failing cylinder would not let air in. A leak would. No puddles of fluid anywhere under the car?

Not seen any leaks to date.

One thing, the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder is either tight of very loose when cracked open, I'll pop another one in there and see if that helps.

Is there potential for hyd.fluid to by-pass the internal seal on compressing and then returning when clutch pedal is released? :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back