Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

100 cell cats

I was using Fabspeed x-pipes with 100 cell cats, that Dansk one looks like a cross over type in which case it will not allow mixing as per the description.
Not sure about a power increase but it is a bit louder. No problems with emissions testing. Ditched the cats and it's a lot louder.
Some say the crossover design is better for cylinder scavenging and improved midrange torque, others say the x-pipe is better.

I've always found Dansk cats and mufflers nasty. Have you tried Cargraphic or what Endoman said Fabspeed? I have Cargraphic cats and they sound lovely with Gert's RSR's.

Where can one get the Cargraphic cats?
Ive had de cat pipes in the past, sounded lovely, but failed on emissions and the car was a bit fumey (high track miles)
My exhaust boxes are very good as they came off a very low mileage car, I put the old standard cat on to pass the MOT, but the car is so quiet, so fancied a halfway house ....100/200 cell cat...

I looked at Cargraphic exhausts a few years ago and found Parr was my local supplier.

I have been running decat pipes for the last few years - every year I Garage for winter and budget for a 100 cell CAT and add the to the list......as soon as I start the car it goes straight to the bottom of the list.

I do realise I'm being anti social etc. so to keep the balance we bought a full EV runaround......my conscience is clear.

ColinC said:
I have been running decat pipes for the last few years - every year I Garage for winter and budget for a 100 cell CAT and add the to the list......as soon as I start the car it goes straight to the bottom of the list.

I do realise I'm being anti social etc. so to keep the balance we bought a full EV runaround......my conscience is clear.

Does it pass the MOT?

Yes.....

I spent a lot of time looking for 100 cell cats for my 4S and in my opinion the Cargraphics were the best 100 cell system on the market that I could find. I bought and fitted mine in 2015, they were the most expensive option at the time but definitely worth the extra money.

Attachments

• garage_2_198.jpg
    garage_2_198.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 5,643
  • garage_3_274.jpg
    garage_3_274.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 5,643
Nice looking bit of kit. Will hunt around for prices, would need supply only...

ch3tman said:
I discovered SCART too late, but would've considered them if budget allowed. They sound so good... :D

http://scart.com/en/porsche/993/11
https://scart.com/en/videos

That does sound great but the text seems to indicate that car is fitted with 200 cell cats which aren't listed for sale on their website, only 100 or 400 so I don't know if it would be possible to replicate that sound with their current offering.

This area of things is all new to me so please forgive a stupid question. What does the cell rating signify? I'm guessing that the lower the number the higher the noise level and emissions will be. So does the decision just come down to personal preference of how loud one wants their car to be or is there more to it than that? Is there one manufacturer that's generally regarded as "the best" for 993 exhaust parts? :?:

Link doesn't work, but think I've found what you mean.
So there is a few options appearing.
The Cargraphic ones are cheaper than the Scart... and look the business, wonder what they sound like... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back