Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.8 engine upgrade. Anyone in this forum done this?

Rallyeman said:
Jackel did the 3.8 conversion in his yellow RS tribute, currently for sale in JZM I think
Jackal actually fitted a genuine RS engine a bit more than just P&Cs.

Endoman said:
Rallyeman said:
Jackel did the 3.8 conversion in his yellow RS tribute, currently for sale in JZM I think
Jackal actually fitted a genuine RS engine a bit more than just P&Cs.

Correct that was no conversion, a fully fledged RS unit was sourced at great expense.

Trev

i liked his car and his website about it, very helpful to amateur tinkerers. wonder what he'll actually get for it though, will buyers see the extra value?

ChrisT70 said:
i liked his car and his website about it, very helpful to amateur tinkerers. wonder what he'll actually get for it though, will buyers see the extra value?

Sold.

Any idea how much for in end? Nice car for someone.

ChrisT70 said:
Any idea how much for in end? Nice car for someone.

Sorry Chris, info not known to me, but yes, an iconic 911 that I have had the great pleasure of following around Europe's best roads.

Nik said:
Does anyone (other than Williams/cosworth) offer a 4.0 option for the 993?

Matt at Fearnsport is planning to build a 4.0 utilising the RSR crank, Carrillo rods & Mahle 3.8 P&C. Longer stroke rather than huge piston bore "feels" like the right way to go. Going into a 993 Cup car I believe.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back