Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key conundrum

RCS

We have a 2014 958 Platinum Edition Cayenne. Occasionally my key will not operate remotely at all. Lights flash on fob when a button is pressed, but nothing is unlocking/ no boot opening.

I then have 2 options. If Mrs RCS is about i can use her key to unlock the KN remotely. If i then put my key in the ignition and turn on it works fine - and its remote functionality has returned.

Option 2 if Mrs RCS is not around is to open the door using the blade (hands up all those who know where the key lock is :lol: ), and then ignition bit again.

When my key isn't working the light flashes match those of the working key, so seems the fob is transmitting, i.e. not a battery problem

Anyone any clues? Its very irregular, usually only when you're in a hurry!! It bears no relation as to how long the vehicle is parked/not used - I'm familiar with remotes going to sleep from having had a 997 and a 986, and it isn't that, as Mrs RCS's key is rarely used.

I can get the OPC to have a look when its next there in about 2 months, but i like to have an idea before they start playing with it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back