Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart springs

badbox said:
HI Guys Im new here and first reply...I pick up my 2006 4S with PASM this wednesday and the first 2 mods I want are the techart springs and wheel spacers. Can I order a set also. How much are they normally and how much with the group discount

thanks

welcome Badbox , Finn is organising it and the savings are around 15% :thumb:

Sorry guys Christmas got in the way of this one abit, so i have an update for you and could do with a final list of takers for the group buy.

Right the deal is Tech 9 will deliver a set of Techart springs for all gen 1 and gen 2 models (including turbo) that lowers 15mm - 20mm with or without PASM for £399 - 12% if we get 3 or more takers, this works out at just under £352 if my maths is correct to your door.

I tried to squeeze a little more but Phil couldn't do any better due to the current exchange rates, so i think we have a pretty good deal with this price.

So far we have had a few interested parties but we need to get definite numbers now so if you want to add your name to the list please do. Phil at Tech 9 has asked for chassis numbers to make sure you get the right kit but i am sure you can give this when we order, so can we have a show of hands please

1. Finn

Thefinn said:
no worries RXP just keep us update on what you decide as I hope we get a few more takers to make up the numbers anyway.

with regards to the eibach springs, I had them fitted on my last 997 and they felt fine but the back of the car didn't drop enough for my liking so want to go Techart this time as the stance looks more even on both arches

Phil's car looks just perfect :thumb:

However having the rear slightly higher was most likely a key design feature with the Eibach springs. My guess is it is a case of function over form; in that adding a bit of Rake angle will be beneficial to how the car handles.

ELA said:
Thefinn said:
no worries RXP just keep us update on what you decide as I hope we get a few more takers to make up the numbers anyway.

with regards to the eibach springs, I had them fitted on my last 997 and they felt fine but the back of the car didn't drop enough for my liking so want to go Techart this time as the stance looks more even on both arches

However having the rear slightly higher was most likely a key design feature with the Eibach springs. My guess is it is a case of function over form; in that adding a bit of Rake angle will be beneficial to how the car handles.

I agree mate , There is often a small compromise with form over function which I did with Techarts on my Gen1 , interestingly the H&Rs that are fitted to my gen2 do have a slight rake and its been a sod trying to get the stance right :what: :grin: It does handle well but I would have loved to get the rear down a few more mm :thumb:

Attachments

• img_3817_164.jpg
    img_3817_164.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 4,709
1. Finn
2. weebz (count me in on the £+ price)

Phil 997 said:
ELA said:
Thefinn said:

I agree mate , There is often a small compromise with form over function which I did with Techarts on my Gen1 , interestingly the H&Rs that are fitted to my gen2 do have a slight rake and its been a sod trying to get the stance right :what: :grin: It does handle well but I would have loved to get the rear down a few more mm :thumb:
Phil,
Has that rear wing been overendulging this festive season? It looks to have gone up two or three belt sizes and may soon start lifting the front of the car off the Tarmac!
:D

Scholester said:
Phil 997 said:
ELA said:
Thefinn said:

Phil,
Has that rear wing been overendulging this festive season? It looks to have gone up two or three belt sizes and may soon start lifting the front of the car off the Tarmac!
:D

:floor: :floor: well I was asked it was widebodied I said " thats a bit bloody personal it just needs a good run to get it back trim again" . :grin:

I guess it's voracious appetite is the reason the previous owner went for the 'rake' of the H&R's :thumb:

Scholester said:
I guess it's voracious appetite is the reason the previous owner went for the 'rake' of the H&R's :thumb:

:floor: :floor: I Agree LOL I just went outside to look at it :) in all honesty I think its the angle of the shot its not that big, ps I say the same about me in photos. :floor: :floor:

Thefinn said:
Your lucky it was still on the drive this morning after last night's winds :floor:

:floor: :floor: hadnt though about that I wondered what the howling noise was :grin:

Thefinn said:
Sorry guys Christmas got in the way of this one abit, so i have an update for you and could do with a final list of takers for the group buy.

Right the deal is Tech 9 will deliver a set of Techart springs for all gen 1 and gen 2 models (including turbo) that lowers 15mm - 20mm with or without PASM for £399 - 12% if we get 3 or more takers, this works out at just under £352 if my maths is correct to your door.

I tried to squeeze a little more but Phil couldn't do any better due to the current exchange rates, so i think we have a pretty good deal with this price.

So far we have had a few interested parties but we need to get definite numbers now so if you want to add your name to the list please do. Phil at Tech 9 has asked for chassis numbers to make sure you get the right kit but i am sure you can give this when we order, so can we have a show of hands please

1. Finn

Bump

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back