Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Gazc2 said:
v8fettler said:
Mine's in at Leeds OPC getting new Coolant pipes/elbows after pissing itself whilst delivering presents last week, consequentially running a temperature!

Porsche Assist got to me in 20mins (after waiting 3 hours for my Banks 'RAC' membership, took the car in after storing it for the night, and gave me a Merc E-Class smoker whilst it's being done. Bit spongy on the rear end but very, very smooth! How do you turn the traction off in these Mercs??

The video they sent me said that my nuts were rusty (bit harsh I thought initially, I've never met them??!), but on watching it again, saw that the nuts on the exhaust were indeed looking a little crusty. Anyone else had that when it's been in (997.2 Turbo)?? Is this the Porsche equivelant of Wipers??

Your not a proper turbo owner unless you have rusty nuts,welcome to the club :thumb: I have a sports exhaust lying in the garage that I have been putting off fitting as there is no shape left to any of my nuts on the turbos absolute chocolate and a common problem.
The OEM nuts really are made of cheese. It's a very laborious job to replace them (multiply the number of hours you think it is going to take you by at least four). Consider the offer of having them done but replace with quality items, not more of the same!

Gazc2 said:
So lying in the corner of the garage with the intention to fit over the winter

Front discs and pads
Dension BT unit plus Dension Dab radio module
Cruise control stalk
sports Exhaust

Ok so one of the tasks 80% completed forgot to order some new sensors and squeely shims on the back of the pads however looking better :thumb:

Attachments

• 20180102_133515_420.jpg
    20180102_133515_420.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 4,654
Guy , that sounds so much better mate, I would be disconecting the PSE and having it on loud at all times. :thumb: :thumb: but then I dont like my neighbours :grin: :grin:

Cheers Guy - hopefully will help with my decision on a pipe. Look forward to hearing it on Sunday!

Mine is getting some love this week. Just been in to Porschacare, Matt, for:

New coolant hose at the back, had sprung a small leak so needed a new hose.
New rear tyres, MPS4S, £520 fitted at my local F1 autocentre
Roof mechanism tinkered with and lubricated as it was creaking in places and
Small air leak in a couple of places, since it was replaced when someone
slashed it about 1.5 years ago it hasn't been the same....
Much more fun, Cheapo ebay SSK fitted, had it for a year, hadn't had it fitted,
so might have to take it for a spin when it gets brought back later on!

:)

I washed it. It was +1c and pretty dirty, so it took a while. Not much fun to be honest. At least I've brought it back to white-ish from a sort of British Racing Brown. :what:

Used carbon tip gear lever, hope I can fix it 😂

Attachments

• 863cea25_16b0_4a07_b944_daa587837a12_655.jpeg
    863cea25_16b0_4a07_b944_daa587837a12_655.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 4,220
silvermilnec said:

Ah you brought it mate, hopefully its am easy fix :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

Got s mate who works in the US so he bought it and will smuggle it in with his drugs :floor: £160 worth a punt :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

Got s mate who works in the US so he bought it and will smuggle it in with his drugs :floor: £160 worth a punt :thumb:

:floor: :floor: well worth a go mate , you going to try and use the spring from your old one. :thumb: I thought your mate was a people trafficer not a drug baron :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

:floor: :floor: well worth a go mate , you going to try and use the spring from your old one. :thumb: I thought your mate was a people trafficer not a drug baron :floor: :floor: :floor:
yes that's the plan, no he stopped people trafficking after he supplied the wife :floor:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:

yes that's the plan, no he stopped people trafficking after he supplied the wife :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: very good :grin: :thumb: I am sure you didnt intend that to read like he stopped after supplying the wife which looked like its because his quality and standards had slipped so he stopped . I am sure shes not that bad mate :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back