Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Production figures

PanozGTR

Just out of interest does anyone know what the production figures for the 997.2 Carrera S Manual vs Auto. I keep hearing that manuals are rarer but how rare? Also the numbers of Colour variation?

I'm pretty certain that no such data exists for either of those criteria.

You might need to contact Porsche Classic.

I was chatting with someone in the Museum regarding my car, and they kindly contacted someone in the Porsche Classic department. Apparently, they have the figures and chassis numbers etc.

Normally they don't give out much detail but I was lucky to find someone who checked for me regarding my car - which as it turns out was the first RHD 3.6 PDK made - and adds a whopping 9p to the value ;-)

They might be able to look up the details for you.

GT Silver/Cocoa in manual is the unicorn as relates to the Carrera GT. Thus making it the most valuable. Before you ask, you need to be in 6 figures before I would consider selling :floor:

I also keep hearing that manual gen2 cars are more unusual than PDK cars, but there doesnt seem a shortage of manual gen2s for sale.

by the way Aqua Metallic manual with seablue interior relates to the RS launch and is also 6 figures just behind FZPs GT silver before you ask :floor: :floor: :floor: it also has the rare 6.5 gears :eek: the .5 being the one I Keep finding at traffic lights on a cold morning thanks to the Short shift Kit :grin: :grin:

Re: How many left

Main Force Patrol said:
Not perfect but better than nothing.....
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

PanozGTR was asking if the production numbers of manual v PDK and by specific colour are available anywhere.

Actual production quantities of each 997 variant are available but not to the level of detail that he is asking.

Thanks for your replies chaps.
Les are 997's old enough to be regarded as classics'. I will give the Porsche classic department a call.
Phil l also have the rare 6.5 manual. When cold it can be a right b******d.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back