Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Carrera 4 or 4S Cab..?!

Chazd

Planning for the future which i may pish forward quicker than The OH would like...

Budget is approx £60/70k and am looking at a 911 Cab.

Have seen some 12 plates but also some 14/15 plates but these are 4 not 4S. One in particular is heavily specced.

Questions is would there be regrets not going for the S?

Currently she drives a 400 plus BHP Audi S5 Cab....

I looked at a 4 cab before buying my first C2S. There are a fair few mechanical differences between S and non S including Torque Vectoring and a Differenetial as well as brakes (I think) as well as increase power and torque. I definitely think the S is worth the extra money and I've heard are much easier to sell on.

I recently got a 4S (not cab) and love the wider stance / rear light bar and it definitely feels planted in th recent weather but the C2S is a great car - maybe be worth looking for a C2S cab (do you need 4wd)? I don't think you will get a decent 4S cab for £70k at current prices from what I have seen.

RB79 said:
I looked at a 4 cab before buying my first C2S. There are a fair few mechanical differences between S and non S including Torque Vectoring and a Differenetial as well as brakes (I think) as well as increase power and torque. I definitely think the S is worth the extra money and I've heard are much easier to sell on.

I recently got a 4S (not cab) and love the wider stance / rear light bar and it definitely feels planted in th recent weather but the C2S is a great car - maybe be worth looking for a C2S cab (do you need 4wd)? I don't think you will get a decent 4S cab for £70k at current prices from what I have seen.

Hi thanks for the response. It would seem the 4S is a more desirable car and would be worth the additional expenditure or losing a few age years. They seem to be holding their value very well!

My searches reveal two 4S under £70k all 911. Ideally want 4wd as the wife is used to quattro

Attachments

• dff48a4f_7ef0_4760_8861_daea3abbc682_536.png
    dff48a4f_7ef0_4760_8861_daea3abbc682_536.png
    937.4 KB · Views: 3,008
Chazd said:
It would seem the 4S is a more desirable car and would be worth the additional expenditure or losing a few age years. They seem to be holding their value very well!

:yeah:

C2 or C4, Coupe or Cab', it seems that the extra premium for an 'S' car is a very healthy %.

What I had hoped to pay for a 6 year old C4S in 2018 wouldn't actually get me in a C2. :sad:

Chazd said:
Planning for the future which i may pish forward quicker than The OH would like...

Budget is approx £60/70k and am looking at a 911 Cab.

Have seen some 12 plates but also some 14/15 plates but these are 4 not 4S. One in particular is heavily specced.

Questions is would there be regrets not going for the S?

Currently she drives a 400 plus BHP Audi S5 Cab....

I doubt it and the 4's have rarity value.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back