Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Discs and Pads

Sebro are factory fit and OEM, but rust to death from the inside out :grin:

I`ve gone Borg & Beck disks and Pagid pads on my Porschas, but then again I did build the machinery and perfect the manufacturing process for the disks some years ago, so I know they are top notch :thumb:

kurlykris said:

I`ve gone Borg & Beck disks and Pagid pads on my Porschas, but then again I did build the machinery and perfect the manufacturing process for the disks some years ago, so I know they are top notch :thumb:

Kris, borg and beck disks now added to my list for future reference, :thumb:
hope you had a good xmas mate.

kurlykris said:

That Becktec Coating looks the nuts !

Ratattak said:

After 9 months they still look like new, no rust in the vents at all :thumb:

I have the Boxster on track tomorrow at Mallory, so will see how they perform when being used hard :grin:

For some reason only the rears rust on the inside on brake disks ? Possibly something to do with piston pressure not cleaning the crap of them, outsides fair fine ?

kurlykris said:
Ratattak said:

After 9 months they still look like new, no rust in the vents at all :thumb:

I have the Boxster on track tomorrow at Mallory, so will see how they perform when being used hard :grin:

I'm convinced, but where to buy ? Can I have a link please ?

Frenchmeister said:
For some reason only the rears rust on the inside on brake disks ? Possibly something to do with piston pressure not cleaning the crap of them, outsides fair fine ?

My fronts were the worst when I changed them all Frenchmeister, had to tap them off with a mallet which produced this from the vents :

tYtSPav.jpg

I presume that you can buy them direct Ratattak :dont know:

I bought mine from my local Porsche friendly ( an owner ) car parts shop, he gets everything in that I could possibly need to complete a job, then sends back what I don`t use and I only pay for what I need :grin:

Plus he gives me trade price :thumb:

Kurly I am talking about the rear inside surfaces that seem to suffer from corrosion..

Frenchmeister said:
Kurly I am talking about the rear inside surfaces that seem to suffer from corrosion..

The fronts were just as bad as the rears on the inner disc faces Frenchmeister, even worse if I remember correctly............it seems to be just a Porsche thing for some reason :nooo:

It could be down to material, they are only grey cast iron and not anything exotic like GGG iron with a high graphite and carbide content, but they just rust from the inside out, especially on the inner disc face and in the vents :nooo:

Ref Borg and Beck, seems amazon has them for sale :thumb:

Looky here

weebz said:

Looky here

Pagid for me if that is classed as a decent price on Borg.

Scholester said:
weebz said:

Looky here

I didn`t pay anything near those prices, IIRC about £400 for 4 new discs, all new pads and wear sensors :thumb:

kurlykris said:
Scholester said:
weebz said:

Looky here

I didn`t pay anything near those prices, IIRC about £400 for 4 new discs, all new pads and wear sensors :thumb:

From where did you source yours KK?

Scholester said:
From where did you source yours KK?

My local car parts place just up the road from me, he gets in anything I might need to do a job, then sends back what I don`t use. He also gives me trade prices as he`s a fellow Porsche owner (993 ) :grin:

For instance there are 2 types of brake pads on my Boxster and 2 different types of wear sensors, so he got 4 sets of pads in and both types of wear sensors just in case :grin:

I was quite surprised, given that I am probably the only Porsche owner in my town, that he had 987 Boxster S Pagid disks and pads in stock :lol:

He was the one that recommended the Borg & Beck :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back