Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Mine's in at Leeds OPC getting new Coolant pipes/elbows after pissing itself whilst delivering presents last week, consequentially running a temperature!

Porsche Assist got to me in 20mins (after waiting 3 hours for my Banks 'RAC' membership, took the car in after storing it for the night, and gave me a Merc E-Class smoker whilst it's being done. Bit spongy on the rear end but very, very smooth! How do you turn the traction off in these Mercs??

The video they sent me said that my nuts were rusty (bit harsh I thought initially, I've never met them??!), but on watching it again, saw that the nuts on the exhaust were indeed looking a little crusty. Anyone else had that when it's been in (997.2 Turbo)?? Is this the Porsche equivelant of Wipers??

Mine's in at Leeds OPC getting new Coolant pipes/elbows after pissing itself whilst delivering presents last week, consequentially running a temperature!

Porsche Assist got to me in 20mins (after waiting 3 hours for my Banks 'RAC' membership, took the car in after storing it for the night, and gave me a Merc E-Class smoker whilst it's being done. Bit spongy on the rear end but very, very smooth! How do you turn the traction off in these Mercs??

The video they sent me said that my nuts were rusty (bit harsh I thought initially, I've never met them??!), but on watching it again, saw that the nuts on the exhaust were indeed looking a little crusty. Anyone else had that when it's been in (997.2 Turbo)?? Is this the Porsche equivelant of Wipers??

DLR lights for my 997.1 - these ones have the sequential indicators that go from left to right as opposed to the standard flashing. Fitted them this evening and they look great particularly when locking the car as you get '2' distinctive chaser flashes. Really pleased with this subtle upgrade as I initially purchased DLR's a few weeks back (non sequential) and then opted to sell rather than fit.Made the right decision in the end :puh:

Rear Dectanes coming from Germany - ordered today as Design 911 won't have any in stock till March :dont know: currently on back order.

Smoked LED side repeaters (Car is Slate Grey) due in the post next week.

Garmin 65w Dash Cam fitted - Awesome little cam with Speed Camera alerts, lane departure warnings, forward collision alert, Go alert when sitting in stationary traffic, Travelapse and Voice Control.

Don't shoot me down for this :bandit: Porsche logo courtesy projector door light - simply projects the Porsche logo on the floor when the door is open :lol:

Updated PCM 2.1 Firmware to v3 - Added 2015 Maps.

Blimey spent a significant amount this week :oops:

Jake911 said:
DLR lights for my 997.1 - these ones have the sequential indicators that go from left to right as opposed to the standard flashing.

Hi Jake, these DRL sounds interesting, is there a link to these sequential lights that you could share?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Jake911 said:
DLR lights for my 997.1 - these ones have the sequential indicators that go from left to right as opposed to the standard flashing.

Hi Jake, these DRL sounds interesting, is there a link to these sequential lights that you could share?

Cheers

J

Here you go buddy

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...ual-Sequential-LED-Indicator-for-Porsche-997/

Some YouTube videos are misleading as posts state 'sequential' many are not.
Linky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5rUzJCtSY

Looks much much better when fitted - Really impressed tbh

Jake911 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Jake911 said:

Cheers

J

Here you go buddy

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...ual-Sequential-LED-Indicator-for-Porsche-997/

Those look very good , better Imo than the std top white drl and lower flashes amber the link vid shows it working really well. :thumb:

Jake911 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Jake911 said:

Cheers

J

Here you go buddy

Cheers for that, they do look nice.. I'd prefer to get smoked DRL... seems like they don't have them, only in standard chrome etc.....

J

-- 997 -- said:
Jake911 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Jake911 said:

Cheers

J

Here you go buddy

Cheers for that, they do look nice.. I'd prefer to get smoked DRL... seems like they don't have them, only in standard chrome etc.....

J

stick some tinted film over them mate :thumb:

Had my red belts fitted quite a while ago & I love the look! They lift an all black interior.
Also found a couple of stickers I had from long ago so decided to stick them onto the back of my wrapped seats, not that anyone can see them out of the rear window with the rear tint :lol:

Attachments

• img_1100_504.jpg
    img_1100_504.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 3,493
  • img_1102_214.jpg
    img_1102_214.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,493
  • img_1112_330.jpg
    img_1112_330.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,493
nikos525 said:
Had my red belts fitted quite a while ago & I love the look! They lift an all black interior.
Also found a couple of stickers I had from long ago so decided to stick them onto the back of my wrapped seats, not that anyone can see them out of the rear window with the rear tint :lol:

Nik those wrapped seats have come out nice , do they wrap them insitu . have a feeling you said they did but wouldnt again lol.

v8fettler said:

Your not a proper turbo owner unless you have rusty nuts,welcome to the club :thumb: I have a sports exhaust lying in the garage that I have been putting off fitting as there is no shape left to any of my nuts on the turbos absolute chocolate and a common problem.

Phil 997 said:
nikos525 said:

Nik those wrapped seats have come out nice , do they wrap them insitu . have a feeling you said they did but wouldnt again lol.

Hey Phil, yeah they were wrapped insitu, there are a couple of imperfections but no big deal, a massive improvement on how they were!

nikos525 said:

Really like those red belts......
Where they dealer supplied/fitted? Think this may be next on my list :thumb:
Be great to understand an approx cost.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back