Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Belt Webbing --------

-- 997 -- said:
silvermilnec said:
I'd be doing this diy and posting unless anyone knows somewhere up north?

I know it's hard to get into the back but any tips on how to get the belts out? Any links to how you do it?

Rear side panels comes off, take pictures just incase your not sure... my first time took me 20 mins per side and I was stopping to have a Cold drink cos it gets hot in there, the rear seat belt can be tricky to get the bolts out, you need a 17mm spanner, ring spanner or a ratchet spanner if you have, socket will not fit.. when putting all back I used loctite thread sealer, that's when the trouble starts, it gets fiddly cos of the position you have be to LINE up the bolt, if you have big hands like me then you will fight.,if small hands like a woman, then your ok... just take pictures as you go along like what I did as reference cos on a few occasions I did have to look at the pictures and sorted, best part and to be very carefully putting the panels back... then you have this grin on her face when it looks good!!

J

Cheers J

Phil those belts are an almost perfect colour match, when I first saw them I thought they were photoshopped they look so good.
I dropped my belts off today and should have them back in about 1 week.
Saw lots of colours and was even thinking of getting black stitching on the red belts but as you can't really see the stitching I went with the red on red.

nikos525 said:
Phil those belts are an almost perfect colour match, when I first saw them I thought they were photoshopped they look so good.
I dropped my belts off today and should have them back in about 1 week.
Saw lots of colours and was even thinking of getting black stitching on the red belts but as you can't really see the stitching I went with the red on red.

Thanks Nik, I was really pleased when I originally found the webbing colour as it is a good match. Looking forward to seeing a pic of your red ones mate :thumb: :thumb:

I think it is well worth doing and I am very happy with the result though as a previous post says the rear belts are an absolute pain to do.

Attachments

• img_1025_652.jpg
    img_1025_652.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,628
The Red belts do really lift the interior :thumb:

So as the general concensus is my murderers hands are going to be no good for this job and i will either end up stuck in the car or weeping at my rattling broken rear interior panels I guess i need to find someone local to do this. Anyone in the Worcester area recommended or even a mobile guy?

I would give it a go first, try to be patient and try to take your time.

The problem is it is a pretty big job and if you get someone in it will cost £££ as it takes hours to do.

Benjs said:
So as the general concensus is my murderers hands are going to be no good for this job and i will either end up stuck in the car or weeping at my rattling broken rear interior panels I guess i need to find someone local to do this. Anyone in the Worcester area recommended or even a mobile guy?

It really is easy. At the end what ever you take off goes back the same way. How can you go wrong. Just do it and saves you money and gain some experience. It's fun and don't take long to take off. Putting it back is a little longer cos your just being carefully no clips break and it doesn't trust me. ...

Do it...

J

Sorry to bring this up again. I'm going to take me be out at the weekend .

I'll have to post mine. Two questions what is the red called? And what price is both companies? I think I saw £32 plus vat but then £30 plus vat.

Phill you say your guy removed the bose box is that the one the goes the full length of the rear? Any tips??

Cheers guys

silvermilnec said:
Sorry to bring this up again. I'm going to take me be out at the weekend .

I'll have to post mine. Two questions what is the red called? And what price is both companies? I think I saw £32 plus vat but then £30 plus vat.

Phill you say your guy removed the bose box is that the one the goes the full length of the rear? Any tips??

Cheers guys
silvermilnec it makes it much easier to remove the belts if you remove the Bose subwoofer and the panel that runs along the rear length of the back of the car.
The Bose sub is removed by popping off the two plastic Bose covers and then remove the 2 allen bolts-1 on each sie (I think they were allen) and then just slide the box towards you, unplug the connector on the right side and then pull out.
The rear panel is held on with clips, just give it a firm pull towards you and it should just pop right out.
It gives you alot more space to work with.
As for which company it's really up to you, I used quick fit, the owner has many of his own Porsche's so if you advise them that you want Porsche red they will know :thumb:

Hi Chris, Nik has answered that perfectly , it just makes it easier if you remove the bose and rear panel. and yes I paid £32.00 plus vat each. :thumb:

Don't need to take the Bose sub box out. I didn't and I fitted my belts back without issues. The key point is don't make more work for yourself. Just end up playing about on the backseat putting things back when you could be admiring the look and taking pictures in that time !! Hahahaaa. As Phil says it makes it easier but not much more than the sub box being in it's place etc..

J

Anyone thinking of doing this it is really easy, the hardest bit is getting to the back nutts with a 17mm spanner, I made it easier with a ratchet spanner.

Guys what the Porsche standard red called??

Attachments

• 096d73fe_4e07_4d9c_a471_2dd23e4006f7_180.jpeg
    096d73fe_4e07_4d9c_a471_2dd23e4006f7_180.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 4,957
Boba fett said:
-- 997 -- said:
What a service from QuickFit Seatbelts.....

Gave the seatbelts in Monday (yesterday) and got a phone call to say they are ready.. picked them up today (Tuesday)...

Picture below.... Will be fitting them this saturday...

Quick fit Seatbelts are really efficient and professional, they also carry out seatbelt mods for formula racing etc.....

J

They look great are you happy with them, colour and quality...?

I was thinking it might be a good time to add some more sound proofing over the rear wheel arches :?: :?: :?:
my rear arches had loads of soundproofing :thumb: what colour red did you go for boba?

Love this Idea, woul dnever have thought of it, Id have gone to eBay for the complete units or something!

I have a Black/Black Turbo, with Silver Belts. Theyre better than black, but not my taste, I like a bit of colour.

Im thinking of the deep red/burgundy colour on the bottom of this pile...

seatbelt-page_seatbelt-webbing-stack-1.jpg

Or maybe the Purple on top if I grow some balls....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back