Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

wildej said:
I had a test drive in a Velar a few months ago thought it was utter shoite, warty steering and the touch screens didn't work in the demo, marvellous.
Bought a new X5 instead.

First time with BM's and very happy bunny. The 3 series is awesome too 135k on the clock and it drives as new, leather seats look like new, huge mpg and so much torque, only sign of its miles is the steering wheel.

Nice Porsche choice btw :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
First time with BM's and very happy bunny. The 3 series is awesome too 135k on the clock and it drives as new, leather seats look like new, huge mpg and so much torque, only sign of its miles is the steering wheel.

:eek: So that 67 plate has 135k on it. What was it a taxi :dont know:

Zingari said:

:eek: So that 67 plate has 135k on it. What was it a taxi :dont know:

Lol no the 67 plate has 9 miles on it :grin: the 3 series has 135k :thumb:

In June I traded in my Evoque for a Discovery sport with the new 2.0l engine, a management car, let someone else have the depreciation. Had towbar fitted and service before delivery.
Got a call a few days before pick up, ah we have a slight rattle in the engine! LR are going to send a new one. It had only done 9k miles. Engine fitted, all ok, except when I drove it out of the forecourt the steering wheel wasn't straight, can't live with that so took it straight back for them to fix.
Right, now its mine, but a few days later low water level warning, well a few air bubbles from when engine fitted I thought, top it up and all will be well. Apparently not, few days later could hear water spewing out of header tank hose, back in, we need to get a new hose, one week later and the use of a new Discovery, not a sport, and we are back in action.
Since then no problems, I managed to get a 3 yr warranty for all my problems, I do get 40mpg despite my right foot and have not put in any adblue yet despite adding 8k miles. I needed the extra boot space over the Evoque and the new Ingenium engine promised more mpg than the old 2.2l, this it has delivered as no matter how I drove the Evoque couldn't get more that 34mpg. Am I tempting fate here, I hope not, as it does everything I need.

Barneybee said:
In June I traded in my Evoque for a Discovery sport with the new 2.0l engine, a management car, let someone else have the depreciation. Had towbar fitted and service before delivery.
Got a call a few days before pick up, ah we have a slight rattle in the engine! LR are going to send a new one. It had only done 9k miles. Engine fitted, all ok, except when I drove it out of the forecourt the steering wheel wasn't straight, can't live with that so took it straight back for them to fix.
Right, now its mine, but a few days later low water level warning, well a few air bubbles from when engine fitted I thought, top it up and all will be well. Apparently not, few days later could hear water spewing out of header tank hose, back in, we need to get a new hose, one week later and the use of a new Discovery, not a sport, and we are back in action.
Since then no problems, I managed to get a 3 yr warranty for all my problems, I do get 40mpg despite my right foot and have not put in any adblue yet despite adding 8k miles. I needed the extra boot space over the Evoque and the new Ingenium engine promised more mpg than the old 2.2l, this it has delivered as no matter how I drove the Evoque couldn't get more that 34mpg. Am I tempting fate here, I hope not, as it does everything I need.
The X1 is the starship enterprise to the Discovery Sports spaceshuttle. It's brand new but averages 55 mpg already. Fit and finish is in another league...

The X1 is the starship enterprise to the Discovery Sports spaceshuttle. It's brand new but averages 55 mpg already. Fit and finish is in another league...

That may well be true - but they are not really competitors are they :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back