Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Merc

spongebob squarepants

After 3 weeks searching I'm getting desperate. WTF else is buying used cars this close to crimbo? No deals no money off, no dealer intern in selling cars. ( unless bang on screen price)
Seen one of these and I'm tempted, cheap but mega miles, but huge spec and mega mpg fir a 2012 decent sized estate. I don't really need an estate but always liked them. Anyone run one? It's done 170 k, however is significantly Cheap and AMG sport spec, would the miles put you off? ( full history)

MERCEDES C-CLASS C220 CDI BLUEEFFICIENCY SPORT

In all honesty it would depend on an inspection - 170K of motorway cruising is one thing - 170K of stop-start delivery runs, piled up with $hite and well worn in another.

Agree with mikeluke, although I'd be positively inclined, I've sat in the back of taxis time and time again and been amazed, especially at the Mercs, at how fresh, squeak-free and responsive they are with mileages like that.

Wehay 3 series tourer in the end. (After first buying an Audi A3) that's 4 cars bought this month, broke my record :grin:
Am I going mad or do BM's have a 3 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty?

Keep looking
theres better cars than that out there

and MB build quality isn't like it was 20 years ago

mark pearce said:
Keep looking

Mark Too late job done! What do you know about the warranty?

mark pearce said:
Keep looking

First BMW. To be fair I'm mega impressed. I had the Audi A3 1.6 Tdi for 4 days :hand: not quite a record for me... horrible underpowered 1.6, all the potential issues with the EGR, dual clutch, cam belt etc. Massive impulse buying mistake.
For the same Money (8k) I have the BM 320D tourer ED (33k new) virtually the same mpg, goes like stink, loads of space, and 6 months remaining BMW warranty/recovery, even though the cars done 135k. Looks and drives like new tbf. The fact that warranty is unlimited miles says a lot.

That's a lot of car for £8k, great work!

I've had a number of Mercs now, including my SL500 hidden away in the garage in Spain, and other than usual wear and tear items have always found them to be pretty bullet proof despite high miles.

Had a couple of sensors fail over the years putting me in limp mode etc. but no big ticket items thus far. Don't be scared of the miles; there's a reason the cabbies in Western Sahara pick me up in 500,00 mile Mercs. Go for it or maybe consider a Landcruiser... ;)

Steering wheel swap

I have a new steering wheel for my BM. Correct wheel for the motor, exactly the same expect new and sport wheel with chrome trim.
Premably even on modern motor (15 plate) it can be a DIY fit? Taking normal precautions with airbag etc?

Yes so far as I know just a normal plug and play job. Just remember to disconnect the battery for 10 min or so to let any capacitors fully discharge.......oh and duck when you plug it back in just in case :grin:

jonttt said:
Yes so far as I know just a normal plug and play job. Just remember to disconnect the battery for 10 min or so to let any capacitors fully discharge.......oh and duck when you plug it back in just in case :grin:

Cheers Santa bought a nice new wheel so good job for tomorrow :thumb:

What was wrong with the old wheel? Had the previous owners string backed gloves chafed the leather :dont know:

Zingari said:
What was wrong with the old wheel? Had the previous owners string backed gloves chafed the leather :dont know:

135 k that's gonna show on the steering wheel. Plus something to do as Herman White nought to do. (other than Sport design wheel at some point) Old wheel

New wheel (Sport line has the red leather)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back