Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4s and 2s sold immediately....again!!

carkid said:
Letters page in the latest classic car magazine:

So it really is smoke and mirrors with the Emperor :thumb:

I. the turbo is the best looking wide-body car (after the GT2)
II. the turbo still sounds 'air-cooled' :thumbs:
III. better looking than the S models without the aero-kit
IV. better spec than most 993 models (except Highway's)
V. nearly 50% more beans under the driver's right foot than an n/a car

VI. with the exception of two turbos, the Jolly Boyos all drove narrow body cars

There's me being kind to turbo prices too 8)

The mighty 4S is just as well optioned and wins hands down in the looks department as it doesn't have that daft melted wing on its arse.

the daft 'functional wing' is also that shape as the massive intercooler simply does not fit in the engine bay: A regular 993 lid would not be able to close over the contents of the turbo's rear...

Correct, no one said its not functional, just that it detracts from the lines of the car :hand:

Anyway, thats why the NA WB cars (especially the 4S which is way rarer and better specced than the 2S 8) ) are so sought after ..... which is after all the question that was asked :wink:

tim993 said:
the daft 'functional wing' is also that shape as the massive intercooler simply does not fit in the engine bay: A regular 993 lid would not be able to close over the contents of the turbo's rear...

Sure sign of there being too much crap back there :grin:

In a post apocalyptic world, where you WB fatties have battled to take control of civilisation, and in doing so, have wiped each other from the face of the earth, the NB will finally reign supreme :yahoo:

The base Carerra will inherit the earth.

A colleague at work bought a low mileage C2S from Paul Stephens earlier this year, just after I bought my high mileage C2.

Colleague was slightly embarrassed about this and assured me that my car is lighter, faster and therefore better to drive. In truth we both know he is paid more than me.

dommorton said:
tim993 said:

Sure sign of there being too much crap back there :grin:

Dom - stop it! :hand: you are currently suffering from the lurgy so can't be trusted to post reliably at the moment... :)

madge said:
carkid said:
Letters page in the latest classic car magazine:

This is like complaining that you'd turn away Kelly Brook because she makes a mess around the house, puts brown sauce on her chips instead of ketchup and takes ages to do The Times crossword.

Who wouldn't make a few small allowances for an absolute stunner in the looks department?

She probably has been around the block more times that 200,000 mile 3.2 Carrera.....

mohitos said:
In a post apocalyptic world, where you WB fatties have battled to take control of civilisation, and in doing so, have wiped each other from the face of the earth, the NB will finally reign supreme :yahoo:

there you speak some sense (the CB and Bolly talking?) - an n/b 2wd manual is the way to go if the turbo doesn't float your proverbial.

tim993 said:
mohitos said:

there you speak some sense (the CB and Bolly talking?) - an n/b 2wd manual is the way to go if the turbo doesn't float your proverbial.
With the top down. :D

tim993 said:
mohitos said:

I find it hard to compare the Turbo 993 to the other 993 models. To me it is a 'supercar' unlike the 997 and 991 turbo cars which are no longer seen that way. Maybe a GT2 is.

For most the iconic 911 is a 2wd manual coupe and they are what's more sought after. Not trying to imply a 4/4S/targa/can/tip is not a lovely car as they all have their fans. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back