Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 20" alloys on a 997

badbox

Merry Christmas all

Will genuine 991 20" alloys fit on a 997.

Has anyone tried this? any pics welcomed

Yes they fit, I have genuine 991 4S wheels on my 997 4S. You do have to sacrifice some comfort though as you'll need a little bit smaller side wall than the 19's.

I had to do quite a lot of research into it when I bought these 3 years ago because you have to keep the rolling radious front to rear ratio within a few percent or it can cause problems for four wheel drive cars.

I'll have a look at my offsets and tire sizes as I can't remember exactly what they are off the top of my head. Fronts fit fine but the back needed a 15mm spacer.

Hopefully I can attach a photo..

Attachments

• img_4980_867.jpg
    img_4980_867.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 7,810
That looks fantastic! Great job. I've got a crush on the 991 GTS centrelock wheels, but those run a close second

Nice Wheel Jamie_C

That looks fab Jamie!

Have them on my 997.1 C2s, and about to sell them when I get some GT3 wheels ordered.

Attachments

• 20170910_111932_1_783.jpg
    20170910_111932_1_783.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7,614
Isoproturon said:
Have them on my 997.1 C2s, and about to sell them when I get some GT3 wheels ordered.

Your car looks extremely handsome just as it is.

Save yourself a heap of money then spend it on a nice classic Vespa / Lambretta - even if it is just to hang on the wall :D

Scholester said:
Isoproturon said:

Your car looks extremely handsome just as it is.

Save yourself a heap of money then spend it on a nice classic Vespa / Lambretta - even if it is just to hang on the wall :D

Ha ha, thanks! Just fancy some smaller, wider wheels. I havd always liked the GT3 design.

lovely pics of 20" on a 997 , great to see . I was always told it really make the ride harsh ,how do you guys find it and did either of you need to roll the arches
and did you lower the car or keep it stock height :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
lovely pics of 20" on a 997 , great to see . I was always told it really make the ride harsh ,how do you guys find it and did either of you need to roll the arches

My red one above had them fitted when I bought it and I was surprised that the ride was pretty good, having previously had a 996 Carrera, 996 Turbo and a 986 Boxster to compare it with. I then had it lowered on H&R springs and fitted spacers and it still rides quite well, similar stiffness to the Turbo. Even lowered, no arch rolling and no catching.

Isoproturon said:
Phil 997 said:

My red one above had them fitted when I bought it and I was surprised that the ride was pretty good, having previously had a 996 Carrera, 996 Turbo and a 986 Boxster to compare it with. I then had it lowered on H&R springs and fitted spacers and it still rides quite well, similar stiffness to the Turbo. Even lowered, no arch rolling and no catching.

Thanks mate for the info :thumb: good to hear first hand

Jamie_c said:
Yes they fit, I have genuine 991 4S wheels on my 997 4S. You do have to sacrifice some comfort though as you'll need a little bit smaller side wall than the 19's.

I had to do quite a lot of research into it when I bought these 3 years ago because you have to keep the rolling radious front to rear ratio within a few percent or it can cause problems for four wheel drive cars.

I'll have a look at my offsets and tire sizes as I can't remember exactly what they are off the top of my head. Fronts fit fine but the back needed a 15mm spacer.

Hopefully I can attach a photo..

Hi, out of interest, what size tyres are those?

Both, look great on those wheels.

Missed this one :roll:

All I can say is WOW :eek:

The 997 should have come with those wheels :worship:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back