Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:
Zingari said:
Don't do your dough :what: You sure the Q5 has enough street cred for the mean streets of Cheshire :dont know:

I reckon during my morning coffee in Alderley I counted 30+ RR of varying types in 2hrs :eek: Only one Evoque so that must tell you something.

The motoring 'paps' see them as an eyesore like when you used to get a 'hair in the gate' of your old SLR :nooo:

The evoque is minging. While the heap was in the delaers Mrs Sponge had an evoque as the loan car (booked 6 weeks in advance!) The salesman said these are really good on fuel madam' Yep it averaged 31??!! :eek: :?: Good for JLR I suppose.

Q5 is the way to go. Gentlemens club v JLR 'Rovers return interior' and its 'boxy' (this is apprently a good thing) Audis top seller worlwide. Real world consumption mid 40's, smart interior, plenty of aluminium panels with 190 BHP from the basic 2.0 TDI, no silly styling shaping outside, just good old Audi style.

When I was changing Little SWMBO pram I looked at the Q5's but the new model had not quite come out yet and did not want the "old shape". The new active display (ala FFRR :floor: ) is a great improvement, soon all cars will have these instead of dials, much more versitile. In the end we got an Evoque but I would only entertain a fully loaded autobigraphy plus the advantage of good contacts and >25% discount and low finance. First time I've bought a car on finance for a long time but the deal was just stupid to put cash into it, even got them down to £0 deposit. They don't sell many autobiographies :eek: as its a £60k+ car loaded up. Still we have had it 7 months now with no problems :roll: but it has only done 2,000 miles :wack:

Had a good look at a new SQ5 last week and was impressed (did not drive it) and I think I would have got one of those instead of the evoque but probably would have cost me more as presumably I would not get anywhere near the discounts I got from RR.

ps Mrs managed to use the pre warm app timer on the car this morning, put me back in the good books after a late night last night :worship: .... I asked her if she used the heated steering wheel...... "its got a heated steering wheel"? :frustrated:

There doing 7.9% discount (Manchester Audi) Cant sem to get more than that off anywhere. That SQ engine is really sweet, bet its a cracker, trouble is even the 190 BHP Sport TDI with a decent spec and the virtual cockpit is North of 40K, thats alot new for a small SUV and presumably will push them into the extra tax bracket?

Yep I managed to pull a few strings and get a Feb build order rushed through for pre April delivery before the tax hikes :thumb:

I am trying to get Mrs L interested in an M140i....

It's like your current 120d but a bit better...
Still easy to park
No worry putting smelly diesel in
Enough room in the boot for the shopping and your tennis kit....
Auto box
Goes like ***** off a stick...

Damn - must try harder as I get to the end of the list!

jonttt said:
jonttt said:
Zingari said:
Don't do your dough :what: You sure the Q5 has enough street cred for the mean streets of Cheshire :dont know:

I reckon during my morning coffee in Alderley I counted 30+ RR of varying types in 2hrs :eek: Only one Evoque so that must tell you something.

The motoring 'paps' see them as an eyesore like when you used to get a 'hair in the gate' of your old SLR :nooo:

The evoque is minging. While the heap was in the delaers Mrs Sponge had an evoque as the loan car (booked 6 weeks in advance!) The salesman said these are really good on fuel madam' Yep it averaged 31??!! :eek: :?: Good for JLR I suppose.

Q5 is the way to go. Gentlemens club v JLR 'Rovers return interior' and its 'boxy' (this is apprently a good thing) Audis top seller worlwide. Real world consumption mid 40's, smart interior, plenty of aluminium panels with 190 BHP from the basic 2.0 TDI, no silly styling shaping outside, just good old Audi style.

When I was changing Little SWMBO pram I looked at the Q5's but the new model had not quite come out yet and did not want the "old shape". The new active display (ala FFRR :floor: ) is a great improvement, soon all cars will have these instead of dials, much more versitile. In the end we got an Evoque but I would only entertain a fully loaded autobigraphy plus the advantage of good contacts and >25% discount and low finance. First time I've bought a car on finance for a long time but the deal was just stupid to put cash into it, even got them down to £0 deposit. They don't sell many autobiographies :eek: as its a £60k+ car loaded up. Still we have had it 7 months now with no problems :roll: but it has only done 2,000 miles :wack:

Had a good look at a new SQ5 last week and was impressed (did not drive it) and I think I would have got one of those instead of the evoque but probably would have cost me more as presumably I would not get anywhere near the discounts I got from RR.

ps Mrs managed to use the pre warm app timer on the car this morning, put me back in the good books after a late night last night :worship: .... I asked her if she used the heated steering wheel...... "its got a heated steering wheel"? :frustrated:

There doing 7.9% discount (Manchester Audi) Cant sem to get more than that off anywhere. That SQ engine is really sweet, bet its a cracker, trouble is even the 190 BHP Sport TDI with a decent spec and the virtual cockpit is North of 40K, thats alot new for a small SUV and presumably will push them into the extra tax bracket?

Yep I managed to pull a few strings and get a Feb build order rushed through for pre April delivery before the tax hikes :thumb:

First world problems with the Q5...

Bummer!!!! Looking at a 6 month old or a new one, the finance costs arent wildly different really. However youd want a 'sport' with the 'technology pack' as an absolute minimum. Which means you then cant have metallic paint! otherwise your into the give the Government another 1500 quid over 5 years scheme :frustrated: :dont know:

Which does explain all the Ibis white ones around on the nearly new market! Good job its a nice white although the Metallic white is nicer

The Telegraph have a brand new Discovery 5 on long term test unfortunately Erin Baker can't comment on it as its been off the road for a month :floor: :floor: :floor:

Up to 13.6% off on the X1 M sport, and 1.9% finance :thumbs: Anyone trying through car wow oragewheels etc, good to do daily updates as huge price differences.
We asked Halliwell Jones Wilmslow can you match that? No sir was the reply I would go and buy it if I were you! Yes you sarcastic tw@t we will! Or should I buy from you at full retail?? hmm tricky one....

Wehay X1 Step Auto 20D X line bought, Mrs Sponge collects Sunday. Goodbye sh!t rover I hate you :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye: :bye:

Good deal on the BM with just under 14% discount and 1.9% on the finance, good price for the sh!t rover too.

What was your 'source' for the car? WoW? Orange?

Thanks

mikeluke said:
What was your 'source' for the car? WoW? Orange?

Thanks

Car wow, but in the end massively let down by shite BMW dealers. BMW Cooper group, realluy awful. Go through the car wow guy, agree a px price, then through to actual dealer who has no idea whats been agreed with car wow, and after I placed a deposit, then says the px is worth 1500 quid less :? The guy im dealing with then fu cks off on holiday and doesnt pass anything over? Still chasing these idoits to get my deposit back. Cooper BMW hugely unimpressed, 0/10

Local dealer BMW in Wilmslow, again probably a 1/10. No interest in selling cars, and no discounts.

Again through car wow, BMW Ocean in Plymouth, 10/10. 14% discount, mega specced car, best px price, 1.9% finance, all done by e mail with no hassle. Just have to go to the South coast! restored my flaggin faith in BMW delaers.

I am sure that you could get one of the forum members to rag it back from the South coast to Madchester - it would almost be run in by the time it gets there.....

:thumb:

I've heard from a dealer friend that the Q5/7's eat front tyres, a mate who bought one said I was talking pish but the last time I was at his work it was just back from getting a new set after less than 10k miles!
My Towrag is still on the original Pirelli's and I've done 25k miles on them.

mikeluke said:
I am sure that you could get one of the forum members to rag it back from the South coast to Madchester - it would almost be run in by the time it gets there.....

:thumb:

They would need to fight mrs Sponge first :wack:

easternjets said:
I've heard from a dealer friend that the Q5/7's eat front tyres, a mate who bought one said I was talking pish but the last time I was at his work it was just back from getting a new set after less than 10k miles!
My Towrag is still on the original Pirelli's and I've done 25k miles on them.
My first car upon arriving was a Towrag. Outstanding in so many areas. Loved it excluding the tyre use. 2 sets of tyres in a year(20k miles) and the blind spot of the mirror/c pillar area on the drivers side. Would often miss large cars at roundabouts in that section.
It got traded for the 911
:grin:

Thank god the JLR is finally gone. He bowed out with an impressive 37.7 mpg Manchester to Plymouth :-(
The BM X1 achieved 60.1 on the way back :thumb:

I had a test drive in a Velar a few months ago thought it was utter shoite, warty steering and the touch screens didn't work in the demo, marvellous.
Bought a new X5 instead.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back