Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zenith blue 993 going cheap?

tyinsky

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...4-coupe-manual--varioram/8188556#/description

Thought this looked interesting. According to the advert it is being moved on 'sold as seen' because they have three classics in the workshop awaiting prep?! Surely you'd just fit it in, do any minor work needed and get it out on sale. Unless the car is a complete hound in which case wouldn't you just auction it to protect the reputation? Cash flow problems?

not bad !!!!

"classic/project car sold as seen"
"queue for the workshop so we are selling this as is"

easy to sink £10k into one of these , with rust, paint, suspension, serice etc

but then again, could be a great daily driver as is :?:

I saw this an thought it looked interesting as I really like the idea of a cheapish 993/964 c4 to use as a daily before we are banned from entering towns and cities .

I have a c4s but it's to tidy to leave in car parks and get trashed every day .

At the moment I am away from the uk or I would go and view it but I agree it seems strange to just move it on cheap when you have workshop facilities on hand if it only needs a bit of work to get full value .

If it just needs time to tidy up it would make a good buy for somebody handy with the spanners .

Car actually looks great in the photos, but due to the wording of the advert, an old saying comes to mind ....

Attachments

• theres_no_such_thing_as_a_free_lunch_576.jpg
    theres_no_such_thing_as_a_free_lunch_576.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 4,823
Hardbacks too. They're worth a fair old chunk of change on their own.

I went to look at a car with that dealer once. No idea if their cars are any good but I wasn't massively impressed with their customer service skills. Just made me feel like they had better things to do than to waste any time on me.

Still, could be a good buy for someone.

:floor: Now we're dissing 993s because they're too cheap - even though its a manual, decent(ish) colour combo, reasonable miles and has the hardbacks that are worth £4k on their own.

:hand: Doesn't look like it will need much (taking a periscope view) after all they bought it (no doubt for a few bags less) and if you can get trade rates it can be sorted to your spec knowing that it's been done right. A check with a Colini stick needed to reassure but if I wanted one I'd be on the road to get there when they open the doors.

I reckon they're being honest and not trying to offload a turd with a sprinkling of glitter.

If anyone chips in about the arse end dropping off due to knackered chassis legs that will be the icing on the cake :hand:

Zingari said:
:floor: Now we're dissing 993s because they're too cheap - even though its a manual, decent(ish) colour combo, reasonable miles and has the hardbacks that are worth £4k on their own.

:hand: Doesn't look like it will need much (taking a periscope view) after all they bought it (no doubt for a few bags less) and if you can get trade rates it can be sorted to your spec knowing that it's been done right. A check with a Colini stick needed to reassure but if I wanted one I'd be on the road to get there when they open the doors.

I reckon they're being honest and not trying to offload a turd with a sprinkling of glitter.

If anyone chips in about the arse end dropping off due to knackered chassis legs that will be the icing on the cake :hand:

Ok I'll bite, you have referred to one in previous posts. What the hell is a Colini stick, you have Google beaten.

Looks like a pretty reasonable price considering?

Paragon sticker in the rear window, could be a good sign if it went through there fairly recently

Colini stick used in Italy and Spain for brewing tea (well they call it tea).
Looks like a body filler testing magnet which would be more useful.
Am I right?

Attachments

• colini_182.jpg
    colini_182.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 4,610
Hardbacks, varioram, manual, good mileage. It's a 993, friend uses cridfords a lot and talks highly of them. What's not to like at the price :thumb:

Colini stick. Named after its inventor Anthony Colini who was a school chum of mine.

The background is I was selling a Suzuki GT185 that I'd 'adapted' for scrambling. OK it was a bit bashed as the week before I'd popped the headlight by getting 'lost' in the snow and ending up on a golf course. As I negotiated the bunker I came a cropper. I digress.

Anyway the said bike was up for sale and 'Tony' was interested in a viewing. He popped over inspecting the bike with this 'implement' gently tapping all over the metal parts and listening intently.

I was in awe as I'd not seen one of these before and didn't realise it could re-assure the buyer how solid the metal was. Needless to say he didn't buy it as the 'stick' had given off some poor reports so I lost the sale.

After that I hunted high and low in Exchange & Mart (no internet in those days), B&Q, Tommy's Hardware store and up rouond the back passage of Miss Selfridge tried Mavis who sold paraffin and various ephermera but all to no avail.

I was to learn some time later that the said 'Device' was a piece of wood doweling wrapped in black electrician's tape :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back