Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

Looking forward to the pics. Splits are always a great look on a 993. :thumb:

C.

Not much progress due to slow recovery from operation. Had a chance to give the engine bay a little tidy up and fit the sports Airbox Cover.

Car going into Motortune tomorrow for the new wheels to be fitted and wheel alignment done. Going to have Peter fit the BergvillFX light kit too as will take me forever to do it.

ChrisT70 said:
get pics up please Nick of it on the rims!

Just dropped the car off after and interesting drive to Shotts in the freezing fog this morning! Actually found the car fine to drive in the conditions. My right foot has has advanced training from 3 years with a bit 600BHP rear wheel drive estate car.

Also. Definitely an improvement in noise with the Sports Airbox Cover and maybe a marginal throttle response uplift too. It also looks very nice :D

Picked her up today and think the wheels look pretty awesome. Live the colour and the dish on the rears especially. The HIDs were also fitted at the same time and big difference driving home this evening. Will post some better pics on a nicer day.

AndyS said:
Looks great on those rims Nick :thumb:
Also - good to see another one that goes out in the rain too :bandit:

Cheers I am really pleased with them.

Wouldn't use it much up here if it didn't do out in the rain :thumb:

nickjonesn4 said:

Wheels look good but is it wrong of me to want Centre caps on them. :dont know:

More importantly, you have parking lines in your garage :?:

Dream911 said:
nickjonesn4 said:

Wheels look good but is it wrong of me to want Centre caps on them. :dont know:

More importantly, you have parking lines in your garage :?:

Had exactly the same thought so fitted the centre caps yesterday...

20171224_104022.jpg

The "garage" is underground parking. It's a modern townhouse afgair with half of the footprint of the house in the basement a double garage space and half storage and utility room.

No pictures but today was a good day...

Bought Ohlins shocks and booked the car in for fitting and a full suspension refresh. At the same time steering wheel, dash top, door tops will be retrimmed in black leather. Wavetrac LSD also being fitted whilst it's in. Work being done at RPM Technik.

Then...

Booked in today for Top End rebuild, gas flowed heads and more aggressive cams at CTR Developments. Confirming final spec with Richard this week and will share. Once done there its going to their local exhaust guy for full custom exhaust Inc manifolds. Goal is 330-340bhp.

Very excited that this is all now really happening and will be on the road with a the above done end of March/early April.

Nice one Nick. :thumb:

Apparently, our engines don't always reach the quoted compression ratio, so hitting that number is an easy way to more power in addition to your other mods. I like the sound of the retrim for the interior too.

Sutton said:
Nice one Nick. :thumb:

Apparently, our engines don't always reach the quoted compression ratio, so hitting that number is an easy way to more power in addition to your other mods. I like the sound of the retrim for the interior too.

Thanks for that. First step at CTR will be a full check over and leak down test. I'd imagine the build might then vary a wee bit from plan depending on findings.

Not able to think about much else at the moment :roll:

Sounds superb!!!!

I have a little bit of regret not getting Ohlins for mine instead of refurbishing the PS9s. Looking forward to the updates :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back