Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4s and 2s sold immediately....again!!

It was I think £79k and obviously too much dough.

Was up for £79,995 IIRC. Well priced for a great looking car that's had some money spent it recently.

C.

Zingari said:

Not too much to prevent it selling quickly it would seem! :p

madge said:
Zingari said:

Not too much to prevent it selling quickly it would seem! :p

:hand: Smoke and mirrors. It was sold before the advert went up I reckon but gives the impression the market is still moving over a quiet time of the year.

What could you have bought it for :dont know:

£80k, not far off 100k miles, sold within a week or two on the run up to Christmas. Looked very good value given it has been genuinely well maintained. Decent buy for someone who wants to drive a wide 993.

There is a lower mileage wide body being offered privately on PH for £130k.

Zingari said:

It was from someone who is/was a forum member so I won't get into specifics but there would be a decent gain, assuming it's just gone for 80.

In the end I overpaid for the one I bought, so I'm probably still in the red on that one and down on both ends of the deal. Going for the 'cheaper' NB option has worked out to be more expensive in the end.

Oh well, you live and learn. Can't get every decision 100% right. :sad:

madge said:
Zingari said:

It was from someone who is/was a forum member so I won't get into specifics but there would be a decent gain, assuming it's just gone for 80.

In the end I overpaid for the one I bought, so I'm probably still in the red on that one and down on both ends of the deal. Going for the 'cheaper' NB option has worked out to be more expensive in the end.

Oh well, you live and learn. Can't get every decision 100% right. :sad:

It's always a gamble. I've spent £16k+ on mine after buying it 18-months ago. Am about to do a 3.8 full rebuild too. Absolutely love the car so I'm still happy.

Re: 993

TomH said:
To be fair the 993 C2S sold 3/4 weeks ago and hasn't been collected yet. I accidently deleted it from the website and merely uploaded it again today. The 4S on the other hand was advertised today and sold today. What a car !!!
Tom 911V

Stunning car Tom...
Regards Simon (Rig135)

Letters page in the latest classic car magazine:

Am I missing something with these 'S' models?

Values now seem to be getting very close to the turbo cars with like for like mileage.

Does this make the turbos seem underpriced or the 'S' overpriced?

1) better looking than the turbo ie without the rear wing
2) better sounding than the turbo ie n.a. will always sound better
3) better looking than the narrow bodies
4) better spec than narrow bodies
5) rarer

All imho of course.

When I bought in early 2013 wb none turbo where c£10k more than similar mileage and condition nb. I figured the gap would widen over time as the market will always favour looks , spec and rarity over weight and speed :hand:

So yes it's heavier and slower than a nb :floor:

m119cars said:

Values now seem to be getting very close to the turbo cars with like for like mileage.

Turbos don't do it for me. The 993 Turbo is probably the best looking aero kit of all the 911 turbos but I dislike the big wings and think it spoils the lines of the car. Also not a fan of the way turbo cars deliver the power. Outright speed is not that important to me in a 20 year old car. Turbo is also 4wd which is for LBGT people. :thumbs:

Are there less WB manual 2wd cars than turbos?

I do like the exaggerated lines of the wide body cars and to me they look perfect. I'd have a NB over a turbo though. Lowered a little so it looks more menacing.

m119cars said:

This has been said by many over the years so you aren't alone.

Fact as was back then and today remains is that yes the price for a very good S widebody n/a car is crossing in to the lower/mid price point for turbos. However, take a like for like very good turbo and it's still priced considerably higher.

carkid said:
Letters page in the latest classic car magazine:

This is like complaining that you'd turn away Kelly Brook because she makes a mess around the house, puts brown sauce on her chips instead of ketchup and takes ages to do The Times crossword.

Who wouldn't make a few small allowances for an absolute stunner in the looks department?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back