Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Porsche 911 (997) Really Badly Affected Me With My Job

Never been pulled over in this country despite probably deserving it occasionally.

But i have had a few random ***** signs when driving the 911, and it's amazing how many more people flash me out at junctions driving the truck. Never get let out in the pork.

In a world of diversity and inclusion, employment rights and fair culture - here is a bulling & harassment / grievance case if ever I have seen one !

rus_987 said:
I'm 26 and when I got the Boxster my neighbours stopped saying "hi" to me although it's probably one of the cheapest cars on the street :D

Also a good way to stop the neighbours bothering you with annoying awkward small talk!

I do find this all very odd. Not so much the coworker response (especially teaching staff). More the getting pulled over part. I have been driving noisey 911's since I was 24 and have only ever been pulled over once and he had good reason to pull me over. Luckily for me he was an amicable chap and gave my wrist a slapping then we a conversation about cars and he sent me on my way.
Have to agree with another comment in that it does read it bit like a new series on E4 with you being the main character. I can see your struggles in explaining how you chose to spend your wages. I do a lot of work in schools and am dealing with teaching staff all the time. They are mostly nice people but it is evident that they have never been outside the school environment. Think about it their life has been school, university (basically school), then back to school. They also have a hard time being wrong. They are so used to bossing the kids around they often find it hard to talk differently to a fellow adult. These are just my observations.
It can not just be the whole world against you though OP, which is how it reads. If I ever drive my cars near the schools we work in I am overly respectful and try to be as low key as possible. Back in the start of the summer my van was being worked on, the 911 was also off the road and I had to visit the business manger of one of our schools. I did not have time to go to the office and jump in one of the other vans so I took the atom. I parked down the road from the school. I thought I had pulled it off but as I was leaving I got hounded by a load of the kids. The business manager called me the next day to ask if it was me in the formula 1 car :floor: No issues though, other than I have promised a few of the staff a ride in it 'next time'.

mikeluke said:
s2000db said:
My history teacher used to turn up in a Ferrari Dino, don't ever recall him being stopped or complained about... :dont know:

Was late 60's btw...

My woodwork/technical drawing teacher used to turn up to our Comprehensive in his new Lotus Esprit! (Circa 1977) - not only that but he was sha$$ing the Head Girl too!

:)

what a legend :thumb:

I would have spoken to the teaching union about her to be honest and got the odl bat booted out.
I used to bow down at work, now, I dont take any sht from anyone, if they bother me I stand my ground, I'm too old and dont need the money any more.
My wife took my porsche to school and the headmaster went into every classroom asking who has the porsche, he is the coolest head ever mind, he thought it was great.

Given that there's a shortage of maths/science teachers, and a big push to persuade early-retired bankers, lawyers etc to retrain and join the profession, then the more traditionally bearded sandalistas of a leftist hue may have to get used to there being a better class of motor in the staff car park :D

Funny this.
When I was at school (Born in the '70s) Most of the teachers had BMW's, Audi's & the likes, whereas most normal families in the village had Jap crap & Fords.

I still remember my first ride in an Audi from a friends dad & wanted one ever since! From the Datsun or Allegro my dad had at the time, it was so quiet & refined!

I suppose, over the years other wages have gone up & teachers rates have slowed down...

I'm a primary school head and choose to leave my 997 at home. The community I serve are mostly very poor and I don't think me rolling up in my guards red Porsche is appropriate. Never thought twice about it in my Golf r and 275 cup s Megane though. Can't bear to drive over the 30 odd speed bumps on the route into the estate either.

Norfolk & Idea said:
School teachers are lefties. Lefties are bitter and twisted. Lefties will begrudge people who swan about in 911's. They prefer the Fiat 500 type cars. Or those God awful Citroen CV things. Teachers like stuff like sandals and cloth hand bags. And fer chrisakes don't mention Donald Trump.... They'll be choking on their cous cous and lentil wrap....

Well said that man :grin:

Jealousy and/ or left-wing mentality, as has been noted by other commentators in this thread.

It's a shame, but countries like Australia and Britain are consumed with those begrudging the successes of others.

Don't give a damn about what others think about how you spend your money. There'll always be haters and trolls. Simply ignore!

rabbitstew said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
School teachers are lefties. Lefties are bitter and twisted. Lefties will begrudge people who swan about in 911's. They prefer the Fiat 500 type cars. Or those God awful Citroen CV things. Teachers like stuff like sandals and cloth hand bags.

I had to smile at that comment. I had a teacher identical to that when I was at school. She drove a 2CV, had sandals, cloth hand bag the works. Wore bright red trousers too most days.

resigner said:
I've had a cyclist follow me home for a mile or so to moan at me for driving a 911, which "makes to much noise". I literally laughed at him. He didn't like that. I didn't care. He said I should drive something which uses less petrol, I said I work from home, I use hardly any petrol, but thanks for his concern.

Anyone who acts enraged or annoyed is in reality annoyed that they can't afford one, like the white van driver shouting at the other day because I had overtaken him. On a dual carriage way. Doing 75 tops, he was doing 60. It's basically that they can't afford it and deep down they know they've failed at life and have a huge chip on their shoulder. I ignore them, who cares what they think, they aren't my family or friends...... Possibly the best one was a tesco van driver, blocking the road while delivering, when there was a large space 30 yards in front of him, told me to get a life when I asked if he could move, the swore at me, saying he was allowed to block the road, I asked if that was a good idea, when he could of parked 30 yards further on, thats when he swore. What he didn't see was me take his picture and report him to my local tesco store, which I use all the time. Tesco wasn't impressed with him.......

Just ignore them, but OP, I would of made it all very formal, obviously old lady thatcher had it in for you. Don't worry about it, people will whinge, but don't get a dull car as a result....

911UK said:
A shocking tale of jealously.

Not the 1st time I've encountered such an experience at a school.

Don't loose heart in your decision to own a 911, it's a fantastic car and you should be proud of the choose that you have made.

MaxA said:
This is a sad story. The kids seem cool about the car, but the 'authorities' and the police give you a hard time. On the basis of what sound like a lot of made up stories, assumptions and prejudices. It seems to me that there is risk that a young talent is probably leaving teaching, which is a huge shame, as the UK needs the best teachers it can get. Preferably ones who aren't jealous, petty, and narrow minded. Whatever they drive.
:frustrated:

chowgar said:
Jealousy is a disease that consumes some people.

Stephen603 said:
mikeluke said:
s2000db said:
My history teacher used to turn up in a Ferrari Dino, don't ever recall him being stopped or complained about... :dont know:

Was late 60's btw...

My woodwork/technical drawing teacher used to turn up to our Comprehensive in his new Lotus Esprit! (Circa 1977) - not only that but he was sha$$ing the Head Girl too!

:)

what a legend :thumb:

well if your called the head girl your going to have to expect to give it :floor:

Outside of the initial post, where is OP. Need an update pal

Re: My Porsche 911 (997) Really Badly Affected Me With My Jo

911UK said:
A shocking tale of jealously.

Not the 1st time I've encountered such an experience at a school.

Don't loose heart in your decision to own a 911, it's a fantastic car and you should be proud of the choose that you have made.

Exactly.

Jealousy blabla.

Still can't believe how often you get pulled over.. Are you sure you're not driving slightly erratic? If you honestly believe you're not then please get in contact with your local plod constab and talk to them about it, you're being targetted for no reason (Assuming you don''t have any pts/warnings)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back