Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bluetooth ODB reader

Osh

Paul Ricard
Evening guys

anyone recommend an iOS compliant Bluetooth ODB reader...??

I know i made mention of the fact that i am NOT an Apple fan on another thread, but ive got an iPad Mini installed in the dash of my C4S.

i'd like to get a compatible ODB reader - any suggestions on the best ones....??

Ta

Osh

ELM 327 Bluetooth interface, widely available on ebay for a fiver or so, check that the version you buy is iphone compatible though :thumb:

I have a few, but use Android, and keep one in each car just in case :grin:

They work with Windows too :thumbs:

You will need a Bluetooth LE, also known as Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. This is supported by iOS without the developer needing to go through the MFI program.

MC

Cheers guys

where is the ODB port on a 996 C4S...??

Ta :thumb:

Osh

Assuming it is in the same place as it is on the 2004 996 turbo, the OBDII port is on the left hand side of the passenger footwell, pretty much hard up against the carpet trim.

I have used OBDII connections on my turbo for data collection over the years, it works OK but the CAN interface on the vehicle is massively superior for getting low latency, high rate data. You can also get much more interesting stuff like intake temperature, oil temperature and pressure, fuel level, etc.

MC

Cheers MC :thumb:

Osh

Osh said:
Cheers guys

Osh

Couldn't help but chuckle at the OP's slight typo. "ODB" stands for Old Dirty B@stard. In which case the ODB port on my car is simply the driver's door :grin:

squelch said:
Osh said:
Cheers guys

Osh

Couldn't help but chuckle at the OP's slight typo. "ODB" stands for Old Dirty B@stard. In which case the ODB port on my car is simply the driver's door :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Osh

squelch said:
Osh said:
Cheers guys

Osh

That is the best thing I have learned today, I will think about it every time I get into my car now :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back