Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ordered Ohlins. Need advice on engine and gearbox mounts.

jpsh120 said:
I'm pleased to see you've been able to resist the temptation to modify the car.....I blame Phil :grin:

Hope you are enjoying the car.

Hey jason.

Ha, yea he is a bit of a fire starter isn't he....

So, all top mounts, washers and bearings all around have been ordered.

Pretty much everything needed for the suspension install.

However just a tad stuck on the Engine mounts. The RSS are around 400 ish and the OEM 964RS mounts are around half that or less.

Are there any other places apart from D911 for the RSS mounts? Ive called around few places most either dont stock or are similarly priced.

I couldn't much info on the gt3 mounts. However I am guessing they will be similar to the 964RS except semi solid with rubber as oppose to poly.

my wife got mine from D911 as birthday present as they quite a bit cheaper than the others i checked with as it coincided with the crash of the pound a few years back and they were still selling at the old price and others weren't. If you do order with them make sure they have them in stock before you order I had to wait about 3 months for delivery. There is a forum discount code with them as well but I am not sure what it is so you might want to post and ask. You could even try with RSS direct but i am not sure it will work out cheaper once you pay the import tax unless you happen to be going to the states and can them sent to your hotel or address there and bring them back.

design911 discount codes

911uk forum members discount code for design 911 is 911uk09 or PCGB005 also works

Thefinn said:
my wife got mine from D911 as birthday present as they quite a bit cheaper than the others i checked with as it coincided with the crash of the pound a few years back and they were still selling at the old price and others weren't. If you do order with them make sure they have them in stock before you order I had to wait about 3 months for delivery. There is a forum discount code with them as well but I am not sure what it is so you might want to post and ask. You could even try with RSS direct but i am not sure it will work out cheaper once you pay the import tax unless you happen to be going to the states and can them sent to your hotel or address there and bring them back.

Hey Finn,
Yes scrolling through the forum I was a bit miffed that the price had shot up so much however I have a vision in which direction I wish to take the car and well, these were integral.

I have now ordered everything and received about 70% of all the parts required.

I ended up ordering the front mounts and bearings from Germany.
The rear mounts I collected from local OPC today.
Both new Front control arms Germany.
Spacers 15mm squared and porsche spec bolts Ebay.
RSS engine mounts and Poly Gearbox mounts from Design 911.

It should be a case of install the Coilovers completely before remove PASM set up and straight swap.

The only thing I haven't quite figured out yet was how to remove the error light for the PASM after installation.

So hopefully with any luck around this time next week if the parts arrive from Germany then I should have everything installed.

Whats the update with the TechArt set up?

Phil 997 said:
design911 discount codes

911uk forum members discount code for design 911 is 911uk09 or PCGB005 also works

Hey Phil,

I thought I would try my luck and call D911 and ask for something better than 5%.

They kindly obliged and order was placed. I will fit the GB inserts at the same time. If its too hardcore I will remove them, however I have a feeling they will be exactly what I would like.

In other news, you do have quite the reputation around here as some kind of Darth Vader bringing everyone to the Dark side and getting them to MOD.

I thought its only fair to continue the tradition and so I called Time Motorsport and intake kit is on the way, just searching for BMC filter now. :thumbs:

RXP. said:
Phil 997 said:
design911 discount codes

Hey Phil,

I thought I would try my luck and call D911 and ask for something better than 5%.

They kindly obliged and order was placed. I will fit the GB inserts at the same time. If its too hardcore I will remove them, however I have a feeling they will be exactly what I would like.

In other news, you do have quite the reputation around here as some kind of Darth Vader bringing everyone to the Dark side and getting them to MOD.

I thought its only fair to continue the tradition and so I called Time Motorsport and intake kit is on the way, just searching for BMC filter now. :thumbs:

I do get a lot of stick for making guys spend their wives new kitchen savings :grin: :grin: But I enjoy trying to get the extra out of what it already a great car but I know for various reasons Porsche were forced to leave some final bits for us to find re power ,handling etc. I have been watching your posts closely as you do seem to be jumping on the modding with both hands and legs :thumb: and have a picture of where you want to car to be. They are a great set of mods your planning so welcome to the dark side :grin: the samco induction kit is a nice touch that induction note you will like, and will noticeably hear how much more freely the car breaths. BMC filters are best priced on Ebay.
keep the updates coming as you progress through the mods and hopefully I will get to see the car at one of the meets in 2018 :thumb: :thumb:

oh yes and good job squeezing D911 for extra :thumb:

sorry guys I have been flat out all week so not had a chance to chase up about the springs I will see if I get more time this week.

RXP like Phil said BMC filter is a good mod and you will feel the difference as well as eBay keep an eye ECP and CP4L for deals as well they always have discount codes. With the induction pipe you might want to have a look at the 83mm tb and plenums before you buy as I bet once you have a read about them you will want one. If so you will have to buy the a new pipe again as the samco kit won't fit the larger tb. Simple man maths save the money on the Samco kit but spending ten times as much on a larger plenum and tb.

I am getting as bad as Phil for talking up the mods :floor:

Thefinn said:
sorry guys I have been flat out all week so not had a chance to chase up about the springs I will see if I get more time this week.

RXP like Phil said BMC filter is a good mod and you will feel the difference as well as eBay keep an eye ECP and CP4L for deals as well they always have discount codes. With the induction pipe you might want to have a look at the 83mm tb and plenums before you buy as I bet once you have a read about them you will want one. If so you will have to buy the a new pipe again as the samco kit won't fit the larger tb. Simple man maths save the money on the Samco kit but spending ten times as much on a larger plenum and tb.

I am getting as bad as Phil for talking up the mods :floor:

Finn you have now surpassed me :floor: as I had intentionally not mentioned GT3 throttle body /plen mods to RXP as hes already spent the new kitchen money on mods :floor: :floor: So was saving that until he asked in the new year what to do next for more bhp :grin:
So Mrs RXP please remove my name off your hit list and relace with Finn :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thefinn said:
let's hope Mrs RXP doesn't want a new pet for Christams otherwise she might end up with 200cel catts if RXP listens to us.

watching my back

:gunfire:

:floor: :floor: and never mention the 4"underdrive pulley :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back