Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gen 1 steering wheel upgrade photos please

Thefinn said:
thanks all for the posts / advice but my new wheel is now fitted and working fine woth no issues or programming needed. I will update my progress thread with the full install but here is a picture of it as I have just finished fitting it in my freezing garage.

Looks awesome, you got me wanting one now :thumb:

Thefinn said:
go for it, it was quite an easy swap in the end but my car is manual and I had multi function before so I didn't need any programming or steering module upgrade which helps

Yeah so mine is also a manual and not bothered about the steering wheel controls, prefer the cleaner look anyway. So how much did it cost you all in and where did you buy the wheel from in the end?

Fitted my kline exhaust and semi solid engine mounts earlier in the year and now I'm on a very slippery mod slope... not sure where this would come in the list along with the remap / aerokit, springs / dampers / spacers etc etc... :D :?: :roll:

the airbag was £360 I posted the details for this up the thread. In the end I got a new wheel from OPC Colchester, i got the 911uk 10% off at first then squeezed a little more to get it down to £672.32. It came within a couple of days and had a new nut for fitting as well. I love it so much better than the old one, unfortunately I haven't been out for a spin yet due to the snow but still chuffed with it.

:yahoo:

Looks good Finn, now get those foot wells hoovered :puh:

That is a such a good mod for the money. I thought a new wheel would cost a lot more than that.

I am going to post this in the for sale section at some point but thought I would mention it here if anyones interested.
I have a gen2 manual heated black leather black fascia wheel for sale came off a 991 in almost new condition
£300 posted within UK.

Attachments

• img_2287_130.jpg
    img_2287_130.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 3,185
  • img_2288_141.jpg
    img_2288_141.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,185
  • img_2292_155.jpg
    img_2292_155.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3,185
Thefinn said:
thanks all for the posts / advice but my new wheel is now fitted and working fine woth no issues or programming needed. I will update my progress thread with the full install but here is a picture of it as I have just finished fitting it in my freezing garage.

Very nice Mike, makes a real difference.

Phil 997 said:
I am going to post this in the for sale section at some point but thought I would mention it here if anyones interested.
I have a gen2 manual heated black leather black fascia wheel for sale came off a 991 in almost new condition
£300 posted within UK.

This wheel is now sold to another forum member :thumb:

I knew that would sell Phill!

Hijacking the thread for a minute, phill I've just had my steering wheel done by royal, Black with red stitching and red band at 12 o'clock I'm told it looks awesome! It's my Christmas present from the kids and it's wrapped and under the tree 😂 can't wait to open it!! Do you think royal could do the tip knob with same black and red stitching round the edge to match? As anyone seen it done??

Sorry for the hijack but it's sort of related.

silvermilnec said:
I knew that would sell Phill!

Hijacking the thread for a minute, phill I've just had my steering wheel done by royal, Black with red stitching and red band at 12 o'clock I'm told it looks awesome! It's my Christmas present from the kids and it's wrapped and under the tree 😂 can't wait to open it!! Do you think royal could do the tip knob with same black and red stitching round the edge to match? As anyone seen it done??

Sorry for the hijack but it's sort of related.

Hi Chris, my only initial thought on that is that the stitching may be uncomfortable on your hand if the french stiching was all round the edge so maybe consider re trimming it in new leather and just have the stitching around the lower section where it meets the stick. But I would be getting the tip surround done in leather with red french stitching if royal cant linus can heres a pic of mine old one done in alcantara.by Linus.

The wheel sounds great cant wait to see pics

Attachments

• img_1049_169.jpg
    img_1049_169.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3,029
  • img_1051_101.jpg
    img_1051_101.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3,029
As you know Linus did my surround and arm rest/hand brake. His price though for the steering wheel was £280 royal was £145 I couldn't justify the difference and royal do get good reviews.

Damn car I love it and constantly look to improve/update it😂 I'm even considering painting the P D N M N letters in red 😂😂😂

silvermilnec said:
As you know Linus did my surround and arm rest/hand brake. His price though for the steering wheel was £280 royal was £145 I couldn't justify the difference and royal do get good reviews.

Damn car I love it and constantly look to improve/update it😂 I'm even considering painting the P D N M N letters in red 😂😂😂

dam yes chris I forgot you had it done already, and rpyal are cheaper than linas thats for sure. G2 had wicked paint his PDNMN looks so good I got them to do my gear knob

Attachments

• img_2253_665.jpg
    img_2253_665.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3,015
I couldnt get on with the metal 997.2 wheel, i kept sticking my fingers in the slot and getting them stuck. Bit like when you poke one in a beer bottle in an idle moment and it gets stuck on the first joint.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back