Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Member - 991.1 C4S PDK Aqua Blue

Rob325114 said:
I love this colour, congrats! If I had the patience to wait for an Aqua Blue model to turn up in my price range I would have jumped at it... I would have also been waiting 10 years :grin:

welcome to the forum!

Thanks Rob. Agate is lovely too, is that what you have? Hopefully picking up on Thursday, been a long wait. I've only seen Aqua Blue in pictures, it does look lovely and a very non typical Porsche colour. I'll post some pics of the weather holds.

RB79 said:
Rob325114 said:
I love this colour, congrats! If I had the patience to wait for an Aqua Blue model to turn up in my price range I would have jumped at it... I would have also been waiting 10 years :grin:

welcome to the forum!

Thanks Rob. Agate is lovely too, is that what you have? Hopefully picking up on Thursday, been a long wait. I've only seen Aqua Blue in pictures, it does look lovely and a very non typical Porsche colour. I'll post some pics of the weather holds.

Yep - Agate Grey C2S. It's a slightly more typical colour - but I honestly gasp everytime I approach it. Just a beautiful car in every sense.

I had basalt black as my 997 - and whilst it was one of my preferred colours initially, it lost a little bit of sparkle when I saw soo many others in a similar colour - especially in London.

Finally collected

So after a long wait and arduous drive up to Bolton I finally collected here yesterday. Don't know if anyone has bought from Bolton but very impressed with their service, much more special and comprehensive than my dealings with Kendal.

First impressions - colour is truly stunning, especially under showroom lights. Love the lowered stance with Sports PASM and the wheels / colour combination really works for me.

I had a near 4 hour drive home so got to make an immediate comparison to C2S. The C4S does not have Power Steering Plus so steering felt instantly more meaty which is a good thing. Sports Suspension does give a firm but compliant ride but I felt I had to concentrate a bit more with lane changes and ruts etc but also perhaps no bad thing for a 911. It definitely felt more planted in the wet no doubt due to 4wd. Adaptive Seats are very comfortable but firm, we will see how my back is after a few months :)

Definitely feels a big step up from C2S which is a relief, the level of Spec helps with that too.

Next step - full detail. I think this one is a keeper.

y5uMR2r.jpg

5acdEMO.jpg

er3PHnL.jpg

pLyf5Q7.jpg

Re: Finally collected

RB79 said:

We all say that :grin:

Call me first when you're thinking of selling. :thumb:

T8 said:
RB79 said:

Ha - yes you are right. I don't think the wife would sanction another car purchase and I can't afford a divorce!

What do you drive?

I got my Sapphire C4S from Bolton. Kieran was the salesman. Nice chap and a very good experience (though it wasn't very hard work on their part - I basically walked in, spotted this little blue 911 in the corner, fell in love with it and said 'I'll buy it'). And I still remember a shiver going down my spine as I drove out into the night from the showroom in my very own 911 ...

Would love to see some Sapphire pics Forrester. I think Kieron is their sales manager, came over to say hello. That's a great story and I share your emotion - making dreams come true (albeit with a tidy profit) 😃

RB79 said:
T8 said:
RB79 said:

Ha - yes you are right. I don't think the wife would sanction another car purchase and I can't afford a divorce!

What do you drive?

I've had my 997.1 Turbo since February 2015. My plan was that by now I'd be in a 991.1 C4S but the 'cost to change' just hasn't come down as much a I'd hoped. I've loved the 991 since I first saw one in the metal but I've become really fond of my old red bus so I don't know if I'll ever have one. The right car in Aqua Blue could probably tempt me. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure a 997 turbo can be described as an 'old red bus'. 991s seem to be holding their value for now but I imagine yours would be to. I wonder how a C4S would compare to your turbo, you might find it a bit pedastrian? 😃

RB, Those later pics are even nicer than the first pics lovely car and I am biesed but Aqua is a great colour ,

I might have mentioned it a few times but blue is the new black :floor:
and some of the blue shades are really special .
I also love california azzuro , Mexico, sapphire, of course Riviara.

but just have a read of this link at all the blues Porsche do there are so many stunning shades

https://teamspeed.com/forums/porsch...news/873-all-shades-blue-offered-porsche.html

Thanks Phil, although the winter weather means she is looking less than shiny today. Good article, maybe we will see more blue Porsches around. Interesting how they subtely change the blue shades after a while. Aqua blue isn't available anymore.

RB - here's pic of Sapphire Blue - seems to me to be very similar to Aqua, but it's hard to tell unless you have them side by side. Whatever the difference, they are both great colors.

It's funny how different colors work for different people. I looked at black, gray, brown, red and white 911s and they were all 'meh' to me. The first blue one I came across and - zing! Instant hit. I wasn't even considering a 4 either.

The thing I like about Sapphire and it's probably true of Aqua from what I can see - is that in the sun, you get this deep luster - almost as if you can see into the paintwork. In a grey sky, it looks ok - but in the sun, it's something else.

Just me probably :lol:
[/img]

Attachments

• porsche911_130.jpg
    porsche911_130.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 2,755
yes your right Aqua also looks good on a cloudy day but on a sunny day its just lovely and deep.

Attachments

• img_3817_120.jpg
    img_3817_120.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 2,726
Wow that's lovely Phil, love the wheels too - very special. Best looking 997 I've seen. Any other mods?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back