Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK Software update - anyone had it

spongebob squarepants said:
AdeD said:
For those that are saying their PDK is 'notchy' you should ask to have a clutch realignment done. It's all done using the PIWI's i think and it will be a different car when it's back, supersmooth once again :)

Is this a warranty fix? Mine is noticeably different than the last two 997's

Yep should be, should be done as part of the service imo, it's purely software driven although i have heard of a couple of dealers that didn't know what it was :eek:

Demort said:
If a car has a specific fault andf is under warrenty then it will be free .. ifnot then chargable.

The OPC would probably need to contact Technical as there never used to be a specific update just different ways of fixing PDK faults ,Technical would then advise the OPC on what needs doing .

That may well have changed now though and be just a single update .

If you get no joy with your OPC then ask that they put a " Ticket " into Technical as you are sure its not correct .. thats normally the best way forward with PDK faults.

@ MNC911 is it all ok and driving well now ?

Also did you get the window fixed ?

Hi Iain

I believe the update has fixed the problem, so much nicer to drive, very smooth engagement through the gears up and down.

The window, I think that's going to be another phone call in the summer. They couldn't replicate and I didn't have any video evidence. So I'm sure come good weather when the window operates more frequently I'll get some footage and we'll revisit the issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back