Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 vs RS4

coullstar said:
I think at the age they are I'd let MRC look after it over any Audi dealer, there pretty crap from my experience and only interested in new cars.

Same as Porsche then for older cars but if you bought a 993/996 with full Porsche history as good as someone like RPM/GT1/9E are it would be nice to keep that full Porsche history going(some less knowing will see that as more attractive). I'll just see how it goes for now....

The RS4 B7 is still an itch I've been tempted to scratch, as I'd had the opportunity to drive them on road and track when they were new - that, and I couldn't have parked one at my old address and kept the seats..

As said, great handling out of the box (the B5 needed money spent to get close) and the V8 is great when opened up. The flipside of that is it needs to be revved (>4-5k rpm) to get the best out of it, as it feels lazy otherwise and missing the low down grunt of a well mapped 2.7 V6 in the B5.

I had been seriously considering the RS5 (B8) about 4-5yrs ago, and it had got to either that or a 997TT, but it was the experience driving around town that put me off. However, with some good RS5's now selling in the low 20's I'd be tempted to go that route instead of any B7, as the interior is a much more modern, and a nicer place to be.

Rs5 didn't even come on my radar, I do need an avant but the 5 just looks a bit bland to me, did it come as a manual?

Bund said:
Rs5 didn't even come on my radar, I do need an avant but the 5 just looks a bit bland to me, did it come as a manual?

DSG only, which I did like - you would be splitting hairs arguing whether that of PDK is better.

For an avant, the B8's are starting to look decent value now that 3-4 yrs depreciation has taken effect. I'm pretty bad for budget creep, but average miles B8's are not much more than what's being asked for a low mileage B7..

Graemep said:
Bund said:

DSG only, which I did like - you would be splitting hairs arguing whether that of PDK is better.

For an avant, the B8's are starting to look decent value now that 3-4 yrs depreciation has taken effect. I'm pretty bad for budget creep, but average miles B8's are not much more than what's being asked for a low mileage B7..

I wanted a B8 Rs4 when I bought my RRS but couldn't find the ideal spec, then grew bored of it and wanted a more involving drive and the auto box plus I find the B8 interior more offensive than the B7 pushed me to the older version. It's not a hope as I genuinely don't care but could understand good B7 being more sort after than equivalent B8.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back