Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sport seat removal 2 quick questions..

mkoenigsheim

Hi all - quick question.

I am going to retro aftermarket seat heating into my 997.2

car has sports seats, manual no memory.

I have seen how to remove the seat and how to get the lower seat apart to add the heating pad..

for the upper part of the seat - how is the centre bit of the seat attached - i read somewhere it is velcro - is this right so I can just pull it out?
I really don't want to play around with the hard backs unless I have to..

also - the motor to move the rear section forwards and backwards - is this 12v switched with ignition? then I can piggyback the seat heating power from it?

thx

Mike

mkoenigsheim said:
Hi all - quick question.

I am going to retro aftermarket seat heating into my 997.2

car has sports seats, manual no memory.

I have seen how to remove the seat and how to get the lower seat apart to add the heating pad..

for the upper part of the seat - how is the centre bit of the seat attached - i read somewhere it is velcro - is this right so I can just pull it out?
I really don't want to play around with the hard backs unless I have to..

also - the motor to move the rear section forwards and backwards - is this 12v switched with ignition? then I can piggyback the seat heating power from it?

thx

Mike

The centre panel of the seat back isn't fixed with Velcro but it has plastic tabs which sits under the side parts. Force your hand in at the top (either side) and gently apply pressure and it should pop out.
Be careful - logic says in these temperatures the plastic tabs will be more brittle than normal.

Not sure about power but again I would be careful about hacking into existing wiring. You could use a fusetap to run a new switched supply from the fuse box. You can take the power back through the centre console quite easily.

Good luck!

Don't tease.... let's see the list of the other 19 projects!!

LOL.
Xmas rush here like everybody else i reckon.

well, possible not 20 but:

full Interior, Exterior detailing
door edges need a re-spray
Front bumper has really bad swirl marks
Passenger seat leather repair
Centre console body colour respray
permanent charge point install
I would love to get rid of the grease smearing with the electric windows
winter wheel - 1 needs repairing
Seat heating retrofit with 3rd party parts...

I think i will probably achieve 1 or 2 like every year...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back