Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Proud new owner of 911 C4S, need some parts, help & advi

Reflector!! :lol:

Big thanks 911UK

Wow can't believe the response I've got from all you 911 guys.

Big thanks for all your comments, help and advice.

T8 - thanks for moving my post to the 996 sub-forum and for the suggestion.

Bakerboy4s - thanks for the welcome and I will be posting pictures soon.

Alex yates - thanks for your advice, I have an Aero Bosch 22" blade that I tried and it worked fine however I think the passenger side blade will need a 21" as it lifts up at the end.

Paul987 - thanks for your reassurance and I love a money saving tip.

Infrasilver - thanks for the welcome, advice and offer, on the Porscheshop website there are 996 Carrera & GT3 Clear Led Lights available but I guess these won't fit my C4S as it's a widebody right?
Regards to the heated seats, did you plug in the heated switches as well and does the fuse box need updating with a fuse and relay?
Can I take you up on your kind offer and I will PM you inorder to make arrangements.
I pulled out the siren under the front bonnet and found a broken wire which I reconnected and the alarm has stopped going off. I did leave the car for 2 days and hoped it went into sleep mode however it didn't re-sync, might need a new fob.

C4-Storm - thanks for the welcome and advice, did manage to find some instructions about key fob however it still didn't work, guess my car doesn't like being left alone and it's in a mood like the missus haha.

EGTE - thanks for detailed reply, advice and help, I called OPC and are you sitting down? Rear lamp is £444.31 and center reflector is £635 so I might just live with it for now.
I changed the battery and the light started to work but won't re-sync.
Will try and keep updates on here with my progress.

MJA911 - thanks for link, no recalls, excellent.

Harv - thanks for the time and money saving tip, I will let you know if I decide to buy a new one and want to sell mine.
The car is so nice and always makes me smile, I put 4 new tyres on her and she drives like a dream.
Will find out about the low temp thermostat, thanks.

HSC911 - thanks and I agree, it does have a great ass. :)

Marky911 - thanks for the warm welcome and advice, I agree, I love bringing an old girl back to her former glory days. Will try and post some pictures on here soon.

Maldren - thanks for the tips, maybe a dumb question but how would I know if it's a DVD or CD?

4d4 - thanks for the welcome and advice, how would I know if it's a PSM2? and MK2 C4S?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate the help and advice. I will hopefully be posting pictures soon.

I think the 996 only came with a CD player!

There wasn't a Gen1 C4S so yours is a Mk2.

Thanks T8 - sorry53c4s :coat:

DVD should work fine then!

4b4 said:

Are you sure? I didn't think the 996 had a DVD player, mine doesn't

4b4 said:

Not quite I'm afraid. Sadly, a 2003 car will have a CD based system. Only late 04 onwards cars cars had the DVD upgrade.

Nav CD

Deleted post as I was waffling about PCM 1 and the query was related to PCM 2

Sorry, bit late to the partay, what a great choice of car !

2 pedals or 3

Forgot to say if it's got three pedals you might want to add short shifter kit to your list. :puh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back