Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant Level

Back with the OPC, annoyingly in the correct range when car at operating temp. They are too keep overnight and see where it settles when cold. My experience since the coolant pipe repair has been for it to be ok when warm but drop below minimum when cold. Interesting comment about tank having a crack!! They have had my car on the ramp this morning and no obvious signs of leaks. I think it's an airlock, never had before despite my car having had its coolant drained and refilled before for radiator swap and I think it's required for a water pump change as well.

It's a frustrating fault, to be honest I need to have stock of some coolant so that I can manage the level if no fault found at OPC

When I did my front pipes it took quite a while to get it settled down to the normal level.
I was told that on refilling, the system needs to filled with the car raised at the rear, about a foot. Then the engine running at 2000 rpm whilst filling with fluid, I did this the second time and whilst it sounds risky it wasn't (had goggles on just in case), there was just this huge 'burp' and the fluid disappeared down to the front rads.
There is an airbleed on the N/S front rad that runs back to the header tank, it might be blocked?
Failing that I think a good run should sort it, the header tank is large so I wouldn't worry too much about it dropping a small amount.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back