Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Contemplating a GTS 4..

dickdasterdly

Evening all, long time no see :bandit:
Seriously considering going for one of these baby's, what's the general consensus?
The vibes I'm getting to date is that I won't be too disappointed!
Certainly like the looks and dig the two centre exhausts, the GT Silver with those Black wheels appeal.

Any pointers will be appreciated :thumb:

flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Just to tempt you - only it's a 2 GTS. 4k miles in and I love it more and more. Worth noting is mine is on -10 PASM (wanted extra clearance and a tad more comfort on poor roads).

RG0QkzY.jpg

rZNsjTY.jpg

vawNfuJ.jpg

Any question please ask
Gordon.

Forgot to add - I am pleased I ordered the painted rear valance - focuses the eye on the exhausts much better IMO.

Great pics Gordon, thanks a lot. That's exactly it! (although i'd go for the 4)
What is the clearance all about? I thought it was lower than the other models but that clearance was set, are you able to stipulate what clearance you want?

dickdasterdly said:
Great pics Gordon, thanks a lot. That's exactly it! (although i'd go for the 4)
What is the clearance all about? I thought it was lower than the other models but that clearance was set, are you able to stipulate what clearance you want?

The standard Carrera S has -10 PASM with an option to upgrade to -20 Sports PASM. The GTS Coupe models (not Convertible or Targa) have -20 Sports PASM as standard and it's a no cost option to have the -10 PASM. Hope that makes sense! Have a look at the options on the configurator.

Okay, got it. Think i'd do the same as you, 10mm is more than adequate and would make the bumps etc slightly less of an issue. Can't see that 10mm effecting the looks.
Agree as well about painting around the exhausts.
I'm not going to go mad on the options (my last 4s had the ceramics, a complete waste of a perfectly good £6k), just the basics I think; front/back sensors, steering plus, PDK and perhaps the carbon mirrors and the LED blackened lights, would look good I think on the gt silver.
Thanks again for your help Gordon.
Nick.

I hope you are still enjoying the new car experience. Car is looking great. Will probably see you at the local do tonight. :thumb:

Ken White said:
I hope you are still enjoying the new car experience. Car is looking great. Will probably see you at the local do tonight. :thumb:

Hi Ken - yes we're going tonight, see you later.

FWIW the full -20mm is fine. I was very worried it would be harsh but not at all. I never give it a second thought. The car rides very well IMO.

I do have axle lift for steep inclines though! :puh:

20.jpg

I was talking to a chap the other day with the new 3.0l version. He was hugely impressed with it. And he has a very serious Porsche collection including 991.1 GT3RS and 991.2 GT3.
His GTS is his daily and he loves it. They must be good!

Yep. It looks more scarlet than it is in that picture. Its more of an Alfa blood red I would say.

If you do go for one try to get one with the full GTS interior. It is absolutely lovely. I really liked the interior on my C4s, but the GTS is a step on. Lots of people have commented on it - it just finishes the car off perfectly.

BTW - I think technically its a 'Carrera 4 GTS', not a GTS4.

Told my dealer principal I had just ordered a GTS4 and he thought I had bought a Cayman! :puh:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back