Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo Diverter valve

v8fettler said:
600BHP you say? just by upgrading the Compressor wheels? What else would need to be done to cater for this power hike (besides a third pair of pants??) Surely cooling becomes an issue? is it a higher boost pressure? will it need different wategate valves? What sort of costs are involved?

You can't drop a bomb like that and not explain....

:eek: :bye:

Sorry the upgraded hybrid VTGS Turbo Dynamics manufacture are rated at up to 600bhp. You won't get that out of them without a skilled tuner.

A sports exhaust preferably catless would compliment the 62mm compressor wheel upgrade. Remap from a quality tuner and 7 turbo.2 intercoolers or do88 big pack intercoolers would be nice too to optimise your new hybrid turbos even further. Better intercoolers not completely necessary unless you're doing multiple runs or track work. If manual I'd recommend a Sachs 890nm clutch too. That's all you need. The rest like better ported headers or performance y pipe and competition intake plenum, turbo intake pipes etc will all add more power but we're talking very small gains.

Back to the original point if you turbos need a refurb for a few hundred quid more I'd definitely trick them up a bit. You don't even need to remap if you don't want to they'll work fine with the stock tune :thumbs:

Well done that man. I've saved that supplier to my favorites just in case :thumb:

Glad you found the part I was going to help by suggesting a place .Im running a X50 996 TT at 580bhp and I use a tuner called Markski.Ive also ordered a new set of hibrid turbos with large compressor wheels in from ( silly rabbit motorsport ).
After some haggling the new turbos cost me £1800 delivered for two brand new and turbo dynamics wanted 695 per Turbo plus vat so there are some good deals to be had from Chicago!!
Anyway Markski Tunning look him up

marconorth said:
Well done that man. I've saved that supplier to my favorites just in case :thumb:
Good Man.
We just need to avoid listening to DD with his impure thoughts :evil:

P4WKA said:
Glad you found the part I was going to help by suggesting a place .Im running a X50 996 TT at 580bhp and I use a tuner called Markski.Ive also ordered a new set of hibrid turbos with large compressor wheels in from ( silly rabbit motorsport ).
After some haggling the new turbos cost me £1800 delivered for two brand new and turbo dynamics wanted 695 per Turbo plus vat so there are some good deals to be had from Chicago!!
Anyway Markski Tunning look him up

What do you hope your new turbos will produce power wise? You should start a thread about what your mods and experience with Markski

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back