Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre bubbles

Mikee Quickstep

Do people bother removing the 'bubbles' on their tyres after a track day or just let them wear off with normal useage? Done a few track days now but only 1 in the dry hence the attached pic is new to me!

Attachments

• 5e3dc267_a5ec_4d74_b882_a29e2045cf27_490.jpeg
    5e3dc267_a5ec_4d74_b882_a29e2045cf27_490.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,744
Mikee Quickstep said:
Do people bother removing the 'bubbles' on their tyres after a track day or just let them wear off with normal useage? Done a few track days now but only 1 in the dry hence the attached pic is new to me!

Never bothered me personally. Just think of it as free rubber ;)

No, just take it out for a spirited drive, then clean it off the wheel arch liners :D

they don't last long if you go for a blat

Glad I found this thread. Just did my first track day and my tyres looked like that. Freaked me out when I saw it..

What causes the bubbling?

They're not bubbles from your tyre, it's bits of rubber from the track sticking to your hot tyres. So yes, think of it as a bit of free tread depth that will fall off when the tyres get hot on the road.

Thanks.. I thought my tyres were melting

Attachments

• whatsapp_image_2018_04_09_at_222843_774.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2018_04_09_at_222843_774.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 3,637
Eldavo said:
They're not bubbles from your tyre, it's bits of rubber from the track sticking to your hot tyres. So yes, think of it as a bit of free tread depth that will fall off when the tyres get hot on the road.

This ^^^^

It's just pick up from other tyres off the racing line (marbles, they call them in F1)

Thanks. I had always imagined the marbles to be like small bits of rubber that you see on the F1car tyres at the end of a race. Wasn't expecting to see long pieces of rubber like those in my photo! :eek:

longhorn said:
Thanks. I had always imagined the marbles to be like small bits of rubber that you see on the F1car tyres at the end of a race. Wasn't expecting to see long pieces of rubber like those in my photo! :eek:

The marbles transform...

0HOmxL.gif

Try to stick to the racing line, as the cast off rubber is usually on the side of the track. You will also find that there is less grip when running on the all the dirt, dust, rubber, etc. and if you do go offline, it can take half a lap to clean up the tyres again.

Martian said:
MaxA said:
Try to stick to the racing line, as the cast off rubber is usually on the side of the track. You will also find that there is less grip when running on the all the dirt, dust, rubber, etc. and if you do go offline, it can take half a lap to clean up the tyres again.

:D

Depends if it's wet or dry. https://driver61.com/blog/circuit-driving-in-the-rain/

True. I was referring to dry conditions.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back