Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Fabspeed silencers arrived, amazingly quickly. They look great, inc. straps and bolts for clamps. Slightly lighter than std. Appears to be a straight through perforated pipe fairly big bore, no balance pipe. No visible external seam. They just look very loud.
But they aren't, deeper note than the Dansk sports. I am quite surprised how much quieter they are and that's with decat pipes. No droning at all, occasional pop on overun. I have the same problem that I had with the Dansk that the tips protrude 10mm differently from the PU. I modified the hooks on the Dansk to even them up but it's puzzling unless there is some distortion on the PU or hangers. I'll have another play when things warm up a bit.

A live re-map from Mr Wayne Schofield today. Just a small trip from Devon up North. But totally worth it.

Spark plugs, leads, dizzy caps, rotor arms, dizzy belt kit and lower cam cover gaskets should keep me busy for a while.

Endoman said:
Spark plugs, leads, dizzy caps, rotor arms, dizzy belt kit and lower cam cover gaskets should keep me busy for a while.

Just done mine but have the disi belt to do, not quite sure how to attack it, perhaps some googling required..

Trev

Great write up very useful. Thanks for the link. Dizzy bearings ordered from Dieter Gerloff (Didi), [email protected]
Dieter will also rebuild them if anyone has the need.

Attachments

• dizzy_builder_163.jpg
    dizzy_builder_163.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 4,734
Endoman said:
Went to Timpsons to get a spare key cut, blank provided. Was told no can do they would not accept responsibility if it went wrong. They advertise car key cutting so what's the problem? Ordered a new precut from OPC. So don't waste your money on buying a blank key.

I asked Timpsons by Green Park station in London to cut my blank some years ago.

They did it in about 3 seconds with no hesitation, with no guarantee and only on the proviso that I put £1 in their charity box.

Leosayer said:
Endoman said:
Went to Timpsons to get a spare key cut, blank provided. Was told no can do they would not accept responsibility if it went wrong. They advertise car key cutting so what's the problem? Ordered a new precut from OPC. So don't waste your money on buying a blank key.

I asked Timpsons by Green Park station in London to cut my blank some years ago.

They did it in about 3 seconds with no hesitation, with no guarantee and only on the proviso that I put £1 in their charity box.
I think I got a jobsworth, local cobbler did it for me no probs.

Hope my bearings don't look like this.

Attachments

• horror_807.jpg
    horror_807.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 4,722
Mines did and same experience with Timpson when trying to get a key cut for the Jeep - wouldn't do it unless I bought the key from them with transponder which they had to order in at £145......I had bought a third blank key with transponder which you can code from the other two keys for £8 from a well known online auction site :dont know: eventually got a one man band key cut shop to cut it for £3.50.......

Not quite all in one week, but:

New clutch
New rear lid struts
Lower cam cover gaskets
All rear heat shields and bumper supports
200 cell sport cats.

Probably made it all back by now in appreciation :grin:

Ok, so not quite all today, but last couple of weeks;

- RS kit (touring spec)
- RS replica wheels
- RS wheel and gearknob
- RS engine mounts
- Golden Rod shift rod
- RS short shift kit
- Techart front brake ducts with short fogs
- Rear screen with no wiper hole

It's been a busy couple of weeks!

Jitstar said:
Ok, so not quite all today, but last couple of weeks;

- RS kit (touring spec)
- RS replica wheels
- RS wheel and gearknob
- RS engine mounts
- Golden Rod shift rod
- RS short shift kit
- Techart front brake ducts with short fogs
- Rear screen with no wiper hole

It's been a busy couple of weeks!

You should be able to post a few good pictures as you're assembling all this!
I did the rear screen and wiper delete earlier this year - looks great, but as I drive it in the rain too it can be a bit of a faff sometimes!
(I just carry a small squeegee thing behind my seat now)

Fitted my 3 spoke wheel which has just returned from Royal Steering wheels with a leather airbag I recoloured (originally red).

Attachments

• img_8370_112.jpg
    img_8370_112.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6,776

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back