Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart springs

Thefinn

Following on from the lowering thread i thought i would get in touch with Parr to see what deal they could do on Techart springs if we get a group buy together.

As yet no deal on the table until they know numbers but the current retail price and lowering height is:

Techart spring kit £382+vat/uk delivery
Fits OE dampers 20mm ride height lowering (vehicles with PASM 15mm)

I don't actually need the springs yet as i have a warranty that doesn't run out till May, but if the price is right i will buy a set and sit on them till then. Boing!

anyone interested?

Re: Techart springs group buy Parr

Thefinn said:
Following on from the lowering thread i thought i would get in touch with Parr to see what deal they could do on Techart springs if we get a group buy together.

As yet no deal on the table until they know numbers but the current retail price and lowering height is:

Techart spring kit £382+vat/uk delivery
Fits OE dampers 20mm ride height lowering (vehicles with PASM 15mm)

I don't actually need the springs yet as i have a warranty that doesn't run out till May, but if the price is right i will buy a set and sit on them till then. Boing!

anyone interested?

I would be up for this. Parr is 10 minutes from me.

Just one small problem. I haven't actually bought a 911 yet. However that should change within the next week or so. Hopefully.

they might do you a deal on fitting as well if you want it? I can check when i get back to them, although numbers look a little slow on the uptake so we don,t have much of a group yet

Re: Techart springs group buy Parr

RXP. said:
I would be up for this. Parr is 10 minutes from me.

Just one small problem. I haven't actually bought a 911 yet. However that should change within the next week or so. Hopefully.

Fingers crossed with the search, RXP. But if you have no joy, and if we get enough group buy deals on parts, you could build one :mechanic:

I may well be interested for a 997.2 turbo

Hi Guys i have an update for you as i have got a better deal come through from Tech9 who have offered a set of springs for £399 including Vat and delivery. If we get 3+ confirmed they will offer a 12% off this price so do we have any more takers to see if we can better this. So far suggested takers are =

1. Thefinn
2. RXP
3. S14

Aren't the Techart springs just rebranded Eibach ones ?

wildej said:
Aren't the Techart springs just rebranded Eibach ones ?

In a word NO.

The techart license eibach to their own specification. If you look online you will see the eibachs have a different ride height to the techarts.

either are great.

But if it was me, I would choose the Techarts over the Eibachs and H&Rs for various reasons.

For me the Techarts are the pick of the bunch. Perfect ride height, OEM like ride quality and now thanks to Phil and Finn a great price.

Thefinn said:
Hi Guys i have an update for you as i have got a better deal come through from Tech9 who have offered a set of springs for £399 including Vat and delivery. If we get 3+ confirmed they will offer a 12% off this price so do we have any more takers to see if we can better this. So far suggested takers are =

1. Thefinn
2. RXP
3. S14

Mr Finn,

Great work on the negotiations.

However I have been on the phone this morning to Design911 in regards to the OHLINS DFV.

I am debating as we speak to place an order with them. Just going to finish this coffee and see whats what.

Thats a good price Finn :thumb:
I agree with RXP the techarts are the optimum ride hight etc they are not just rebranded eibach springs they are made by eibach but to a different spec for techart.
I had them on my gen1 and found them the perfect ride height not too slammed and the ride was virtually stock with the advantage of flatter cornering .

and most importantly unlike some other brands they did not continue to drop over time and use.

:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I agree with RXP the teacarts are the optimum ride hight etc they are not just rebranded eibach springs they are made by eibach but to a different spec for techart.
I had them on my gen1 and found them the perfect ride height not too slammed and the ride was virtually stock with the advantage of flatter cornering .

and most importantly unlike some other brands they did not continue to drop over time and use.

Phil what are these like with speed bumps, mine are stock and I do love boba stance but not at the expense of a much firmer ride.

Cheers for any advice as always.

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
I agree with RXP the teacarts are the optimum ride hight etc they are not just rebranded eibach springs they are made by eibach but to a different spec for techart.

Phil what are these like with speed bumps, mine are stock and I do love boba stance but not at the expense of a much firmer ride.

Cheers for any advice as always.[/quo

When I fitted them pre my aerokit it rarely scraped and if it did it was only either the tip air outlet plastic lip in the centre under the car or the two plastic lips infront of the front wheels. all of which caused minor scrapping. and might have needed replacing at some point if really worn or your ocd kicked in lol. the bits are under £20 each to replace and in reality maybe need to be done every couple of years.
after fitting the aero the lower front lip would scrape as well as the other 3 bits not as often and not on speed bumps but on slopes in carparks etc . this never happened with the stock front bumper fitted when it was first lowered. but the front lip ids only £185 and again might need replacing every couple of years . bearing in mind I was doing 15k pa in mine and it lasted 18/20 months before getting the front lip replaced.
For me the small cost to replace these few plastic parts was well worth it to get the stance and improved handling right on the car. :thumb:
the nice thing with the techarts is they only drop 15mm on pasm cars and 20mm on non pasm cars which considering some others drop 25/30mm is the reason I preferred them as its a nice balance of lower but not too low.
I wanted to still have a small gap between the tyre and the arch lip so it looked less slammed and just nicely lowered.

The actual ride with techarts was almost the same as stock so not firmer in a negative way at all

heres a few pics of how mine looked with TECHARTS :thumb:

Attachments

• _mg_1654_copy_zpsvptmiwpp_1_209.jpg
    _mg_1654_copy_zpsvptmiwpp_1_209.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 12,635
  • 17757564_417431071966924_4087768958978274976_n_243.jpg
    17757564_417431071966924_4087768958978274976_n_243.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 12,635
  • 26340982470_5362096194_z_583.jpg
    26340982470_5362096194_z_583.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 12,635
  • 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_101.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_101.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 12,635
  • img_0444_167.jpg
    img_0444_167.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 12,635
  • img_0450_127.jpg
    img_0450_127.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 12,635
no worries RXP just keep us update on what you decide as I hope we get a few more takers to make up the numbers anyway.

with regards to the eibach springs, I had them fitted on my last 997 and they felt fine but the back of the car didn't drop enough for my liking so want to go Techart this time as the stance looks more even on both arches

cheers Phil!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back