Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS Prices

If it was a Focus, The number of owners would make me question as to the quality of the car.
With the 911, I'm not sure it's such a big deal as you may have someone who's bought their first 911 and 12 months later fancy an upgrade to a new or higher spec. Alternatively it could be someone scratching an itch they've had for a 911.
For this type of car I would always buy on spec and condition, rather than being influenced by how many owners it's had.

FZP said:
For this type of car I would always buy on spec and condition, rather than being influenced by how many owners it's had.

I agree totally, particularly if the car's always been sold through an OPC. All the re-preparation for every sale, plus each 'new' owner lavishing attention on their 'new' pride and joy, plus anything needing doing almost certainly under warranty, augers well for the overall condition of the car.

Good to see a balanced perspective on number of owners, mine has had 8! Before coming to me it has spent its 11 years being sold, serviced and warrantied in the OPC network, which should mean it's had new parts fitted at the mere hint of needing them as well as repeated preps etc. I change cars quite often, 911s less than 2 years each, enough time to get the car perfect before passing on to the next lucky owner, so in my case short periods of ownership hasn't meant lower level of tlc and ocd :grin:

Good luck OP with a GTS purchase, many good insights on this thread, your money should be well placed, although I'm not too clever at this stuff myself. When it was perfectly possible to get a 3-4 year old GTS for £60k, I bought a C4S instead for £49k for which I got £42k trade in recently. Pretty good, but in that time, the £60k GTS would be be worth quite a bit more than £60k, obliterating the dealer margin thats for sure.

When looking in the summer, a GTS was the more logical choice, but I had a GT3 itch to scratch so that was that. There were hints that the GTS was overvalued and compared to a similarly aged 997 Turbo, a 997 GT3 (a few years older) or a 991 Carrera (year or two newer) they were looking pricey. IMO, they are the pinnacle of 997 Carrera development, available in relatively small numbers. Even if prices don't rise, it should mean strong values for the foreseeable, so if you find the car that is right for you, unless the seller is having a laugh, go for it :thumb:

So found a GTS that I've put a deposit on!! Tried to haggle with OPC Worcester, they were priced 6 grand higher for pretty much the same car and offered 3.5k less for my Boxster than I've now got. They offered my a grand off and then started knocking down the warranty. I guess they're confident they'll sell it!

I'm happy anyway....

Thanks for all the advice guys.

£75k is a bit nuts if you ask me, either a standard 997.2 S with £30-40k change or a 991.1 S are better options.

But hey, limited numbers and all that...

Agreed £75k is a little pricey, I've seen the odd nice GTS for £65-67k at 911virgin, but they didn't hang around for more than a day or two.

Very decisive Froe82! Pictures as soon as possible, congratulations :thumb:

I bought my GTS (PDK, 2 wheel drive with Ceramics and full Ackrapovic) almost 4 years ago with 22k on the clock and one previous owner for £55k. It now has 28k on the clock and and I have loved every mile driven.

I was originally looking for a 4s PDK (love the wide body) and I am happy that I bit the bullet and spent the extra money to go for the GTS; not just for the increased driving pleasure (the engine truly roars) but what now also appears to be excellent residual values.

Attachments

• fe16d4b5_8447_4c4f_b964_50fad12d8d4d_142.jpeg
    fe16d4b5_8447_4c4f_b964_50fad12d8d4d_142.jpeg
    690.6 KB · Views: 4,489
I'd say a 30k mile PDK RWD GTS Coupe is a £65k to £70k car...though I reckon £70k is punchy. It's the manual gearbox cars that are really attracting the strong money...think it was JZM that has one for £75k recently that sold quickly. PDK cars are at least at a £5k discount as there are so many more about. Hexagon do ask stupid money but they do seem to shift cars eventually. They currently have four PDK coupe's all with between 20k and 30k miles for low £70k's...so £65k is the right number.

They're great cars...I love my manual. Although as others have said the most dated think about a PDK car is the gearbox (well and the PCM but that's easily solved with an iPhone) and I think that the gap between manual and PDK cars will continue to widen. These cars are going to become weekend cars for most owners over the next few years and you don't want your weekend fun drivers car having a worse gearbox than your "normal" car which is waht the reality will be as gearbox tech is continually improving.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back