Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Widebody - Thoughts?

Yes that is the one. I probably did not make my point very well with all my waffle. My point was that everyone (well lots of people :D ...) were quick to praise the work ELA did but nobody was interested when it came to selling even though it was underpriced, dropping once at least.

Clearly if the original poster is buying to sell maybe he should look elsewhere but if he is buying to enjoy go in eyes open but apart from getting it checked and negotiating on price he need not dismiss it just because of an 'incomplete' respray.

The other one I mention has sold:

1989 Porsche 911 (930) Targa Turbo R -SOLD

Metallic Forest Green

Black leather interior with Electric Recaros and Nomenex panels

Turbo-charged all alloy engine built to 964 S Racing spec, 408 bhp @ 6800 rpm

125,000 miles (7,208 miles on new engine), 5-speed G50 Gearbox

Lightweight flywheel with Kennedy clutch

Bilstein Shocks and suspension built by RSR, High performance braking system

Unladed weight: 1089kg,

16" deep dish Turbo Fuchs wheels with Conti Sport tyres

Custom-made Quick Silver stainless steel exhaust system

A total of over £45,000 spent, backed up by 4 boxes of files including

magazine articles and receipts.

Recent full-out engine overhaul by ourselves including new Turbo and heat light modifications.

In quite stunning condition throughout and really needs to be seen

(and heard) to be appreciated.

This really is a very special car with simply too much to list, with four boxes full of service

and restoration history. Please phone for more details.

Being sold on SOR on behalf of one our customers.

Pip

Attachments

• pp02_557.jpg
    pp02_557.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 6,691
I did pop in to see this car, but it wasn't there. It is kept off-site in a dry storage bubble.

The cars that were on-site were almost all in terrible cosmetic condition. Lot's of unwashed, cobweb covered cars and used machinery that just looked tired. I wasn't too impressed.

The salesman was friendly, but he had to make some calls to find out more about the 964. He dug out some history, but it was a replacement book, no mileage or service detail and no original spec / options sticker. He said it would be for sale at over £80k if it did have those things. I disagreed in as friendly a manner as I could. He confirmed it was originally red.

I'm going to see it again when it is on-site. I'd like to drive it and if it looks and feels ok I would get a full inspection and valuation done in order to negotiate hard on the price. I could always drop the engine and get the bay re-sprayed to match the body and do some engine stuff while it's out.

I'm not really pressing this, but I'll look when he tells me he has it on-site and see what happens.

Personally I think it's a turd. End of :what:

But have a look to make sure :hand: Whatever you do don't wear the Jonttt MKII Rose Tinted specs :roll:

Based on the original op's last comments I'd bet my eye teeth it's a shi**er.
How/why else would that kind of set up have a car like that for sale?

backitoff said:
Based on the original op's last comments I'd bet my eye teeth it's a shi**er.
How/why else would that kind of set up have a car like that for sale?

Me too. But sometimes, just sometimes, you find a good one at these places.

I get the feeling it is owned by a friend of the salesman and isn't in a rush to sell. It's possibly not sold because it's not there.

I have nothing to lose and there are no rose tinted glasses thank you very much. I wouldn't buy a *****. Never lost more than £5k on a car in all my days, not about to start.

PindiXpress said:
Not my cup of tea due to the 993 bolt-on arches and GT2 rear wing but could be a base for a decent project if you wanted to convert to a 964 WTL. As it is, I think it's way too expensive, its been advertised for ages. I'm not even sure what I'd offer - probably mid-30's.

As for mileage, there are sites out there that will tell you the last recorded mileage of Shaken (Japanese MOT) or at auction if you provide the chassis number - not ideal but would give an indication if its had a haircut.

This for me too. ^^^^

It's a bitsa, a Frankenstein car. Who would fit 993 bolt on arches to a 964?
I'll tell you who, :grin: Someone who wants a widebodied car but knows how hard it is to do it properly.

I'd value it way less than a good straight standard one. In fact I wouldn't even value it. I'd run away. :wink:

Just buy a standard one. They look fine, if a little slab sided but are nice and nimble and characterful.
A few years ago I'd have liked that one above, but you get older and wiser.....

Run away and never look back. :D

Oh and a single exit exhaust out of a dual exit bumper doesn't scream "meticulous owner". I could not live with details like that.
Epic fail.

Pekingprawn can you contact me via email or PM. I may have something for you.
I've tried to PM you but the message is not sending.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back