Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Folding Bucket Seats

This from one of our experts in one of those threads:

poppopbangbang

I had the GT3 rep seats in my old 996 a couple of years ago. I had the seat shells ultrasonically tested at work to see what the quality of the carbon was and it's actually surprisingly good with regards layup, ply drops and embedded structures. China can do some decent carbon (as witnessed by the fact that Chinese carbon companies are now OE to Aston and Porsche amongst others). I wouldn't worry about them the way people on this thread are.

Good enough for me.

I have a set of D911 GT3 Bucket Seats in my C4S. I can say they are great quality for the money. OEM GT3 Seats are 4x the price :dont know:

The carbon weave is great, comparing to my factory carbon trim - identical. Easy to install too, mine are the fixed variant but I can still fit things in the back if I choose to do so (although I am fitting a half cage soon)

I would recommend them without any hesitation.

Attachments

• screen_shot_2017_11_28_at_122508_462.png
    screen_shot_2017_11_28_at_122508_462.png
    518.3 KB · Views: 7,034
Yas.SYC4S said:
I have a set of D911 GT3 Bucket Seats in my C4S. I can say they are great quality for the money. OEM GT3 Seats are 4x the price :dont know:

The carbon weave is great, comparing to my factory carbon trim - identical. Easy to install too, mine are the fixed variant but I can still fit things in the back if I choose to do so (although I am fitting a half cage soon)

They do look great. Pity I need regular access to the back seats for the kids (I'm assuming there's no way to get into them with those in place?)

The folding backed versions look pretty pants in comparison. I'm tempted to try and find some Recaro Sportster CS seats and get them retrimmed to match.

im yet to see any one put up pics on any of the forums with the foldable seats fitted
anyone have them and could post a few pics?
if they werent so expensive i wouldnt mind seeing if the e46 m3 csl pole positions would fit as unlike the normal pole position seats they fold

996lee said:
im yet to see any one put up pics on any of the forums with the foldable seats fitted
anyone have them and could post a few pics?
if they werent so expensive i wouldnt mind seeing if the e46 m3 csl pole positions would fit as unlike the normal pole position seats they fold

E46 M3 CSL seats didn't fold - they just had a base that allowed the whole seats to tilt forward about 15 degrees.

you are correct that is what i meant in my own head by fold :thumb: just worded badly
thats what i'm after from a seat really a way of still letting the kids in the back once in a blue moon when i have too :thumb:
so wether that be the seat itself folds or the base tilts

996lee said:
a way of still letting the kids in the back once in a blue moon when i have too :thumb:

Just fit one seat, that's what I am going to do :)

:thumb:

Yas.SYC4S said:

Undeniably look epic, and seeing them in real life certainly look the part. They really look great in your car. BUT, its the hidden safety aspect I need some convincing on. Anyway, you take your pick and pay your money right!

HSC911 said:
996lee said:
a way of still letting the kids in the back once in a blue moon when i have too :thumb:

Just fit one seat, that's what I am going to do :)

:thumb:

I can't bring myself to have odd seats :?

EGTE said:
This from one of our experts in one of those threads:

poppopbangbang

I had the GT3 rep seats in my old 996 a couple of years ago. I had the seat shells ultrasonically tested at work to see what the quality of the carbon was and it's actually surprisingly good with regards layup, ply drops and embedded structures. China can do some decent carbon (as witnessed by the fact that Chinese carbon companies are now OE to Aston and Porsche amongst others). I wouldn't worry about them the way people on this thread are.

Good enough for me.

Was exactly this that convinced me. I had the same initial concerns. l trawled posts for hours, and came to the conclusion that whilst there was speculation onot quality, not a single post had any fact, or was written by anyone with any experience of them. Looked at them in the flesh, combined with above comment, and made the call. Granted I've not crash tested them, but have been very pleased... they are a lot stiffer then you'd think, and I've had no flex from them at all.

Would anyone with these design911 seats installed be willing to let me sit in theut car to try the seats out?

I live in Bromley, south London

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back