Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering 997

I lowered mine with techart springs 20mm :thumb:

To get a idea what it does to your car see picture...

2a4oj7p.jpg

This is a photo of my old 4s on Eibach Pro's with 7mm / 15mm spacers, which dropped the car by 15mm ish all round. The spaces were perfect for what i was looking for but the for me the rear was still a little to high so this time i will opt for other springs to get the back lower

Attachments

• 20160821_100908_195.jpg
    20160821_100908_195.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5,699
RXP. said:
Judging from pictures. The eibachs still sit a bit too high on the rears.

Where as the Techarts sit perfect both front and rear.

My thinking is, the Techarts as they sit higher than the H&Rs will allow for better damper travel and therefore bettert ride quality. Also you will be able to load up the car better in corners with the weight transfer which in turn would improve handling as well as looks.

The second option right now is Ohlins, but as this is my first 911 I would like to see what PASM is all about.

Any recommendations on where to buy techarts?

There are now several tech art distributors in the U.K. Google is your friend :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
RXP. said:

My thinking is, the Techarts as they sit higher than the H&Rs will allow for better damper travel and therefore bettert ride quality. Also you will be able to load up the car better in corners with the weight transfer which in turn would improve handling as well as looks.

The second option right now is Ohlins, but as this is my first 911 I would like to see what PASM is all about.

There are now several tech art distributors in the U.K. Google is your friend :thumb:

Hey Phil. Design911 and eBay turned up fruitless as did Porsche shop.

The hunt continues....

wing said:
I lowered mine with techart springs 20mm :thumb:

To get a idea what it does to your car see picture...

2a4oj7p.jpg

Lovely looking cab.

Which rear bumper is this?

RXP. said:
Phil 997 said:
RXP. said:

Hey Phil. Design911 and eBay turned up fruitless as did Porsche shop.

The hunt continues....

Tech9 have been a techart distributor for ages and Parr motorsport have recently acquired a distributorship hope that helps mate . :thumb:

Hi all,

Just about to buy the Techart springs courtesy of Finn and the group buy he has arranged.

I have a 997.2 C2S - what would you recommend for spacers? - 7mm front and 15mm rear?. Anyone got a linky?

cheers

roocat said:
Hi all,

Just about to buy the Techart springs courtesy of Finn and the group buy he has arranged.

I have a 997.2 C2S - what would you recommend for spacers? - 7mm front and 15mm rear?. Anyone got a linky?

cheers

I've got 997.2 with H&R springs and think 15mm all round is best.

7mm on the front 12mm on the rear "less is more" a mate has 15 on the back too much for me, too wide and they look crap IMO :judge:

Roocat, so much depends on what you want personally and things like what tyres your running, as tyres like MPSS have a very small rim protector which would allow you to go wider and keep the ethsetics whereas MPS2 have a much bigger rim protector. It also depends on the wheels you have as even Porsche alloys differ in width. So to answer your question we need a bit more info mate.

re buying spacers Porscheshop sell nice ones and have them with spiggots down to 3mm which is very hard to find elsewhere , as most sell under 7mm as just shims even though they call them hubcentric.

I have also used TPI for wider spacers that are hubcentric.

Remember some are worried they will get gravel rash so opt for a narrower spacer others dont care and want the widest possible that wont rub the arch, other will even go as far as rolling the arch to get wider spacers.

Having said all that waffle :grin: :grin: It seems the genrally accepted optimum is 7mm front and 15mm rear on a C2S.

Good luck with the lowering you will I am sure be happy with the techarts. :thumb:

antonio said:
Has anyone heard of or used AMD Tuning in Thurrock, they are doing pretty good deals on lowering springs.
e

I used amd to fit my sibach springs. Then alignments All good and at a good price. Definitely can't complain at there service

I have some used h&r springs for sale if anyone is interested? Took them off my turbo, they've covered about 1500 miles. Was after £150- pm me if anyone is interested 20mm drop

Cheers Aaron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back