Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: 996 Carrera 2, Manual, Aerokit

Thanks everyone.

Mark - interesting trivia on Aerokits, very useful.

Fastlane - it has to be a Carrera 2 - that's non-negotiable but I agree that I may have to compromise.

I'm going to sit it out and see what happens, particularly re my comment above about a glut of them turning up just after you buy one.

I'm going to try to cheat fate by waiting long enough!

Just heard back from the Scottish chap, unfortunately his car was sold last year.

I have a DC2 also but it's a bit rusty and pink. :lol: Great driver's car though.

Best of luck with your search.

Thanks Y2K.

I'm aiming for the same 2-car garage as you!
My UK DC2 is starlight(?) black. I have a JDM98 manifold and 12" cat but otherwise standard - just as they should be.

They are indeed wonderful. You look at modern cars and wonder how the Integra ever got approved for production - so focused. There must have been some great folks at Honda at the time.

I've had a few interesting driver's cars - Evo VI TME, Clio 182 Trophy, older Golfs, MINI Cooper JCW and more but the Integra's the one I've held on to.
I'm into my 5th year with it.

Just need a driver's 911 to add to it.

Great minds think alike.......

Have had my UKDM since 2011, similar to you the only mods are JDM manifold, JDM cat, s/s brake hoses. These cars are so capable, reliable and track-ready 'out of the box'.

The LSD is amazing. After all these years I still remember my first experience of its LSD magic!

Very nice car history. When I was looking at Integras, Clio Trophy was on my short list also, but they were close to 50% dearer than Integras then. Love EVO TME too, but they are silly money now.

Cheers!

Well this next post could have been an "I bought one" but unfortunately not.
However, despite the essay below, I thought it worth relaying my experience of the last couple of days for a couple of reasons.

On Thursday, I went up to Southport to see a silver aerokitted car - an almost 300-mile round trip. I took the day off work to view it and arrived at 10 am and by 11 am, had agreed a sale and left a deposit. The seller (a trader but not a trader - you know what I mean) agreed that I would pick the car up on Saturday morning as I was in London on Friday with the family.

I returned home (naturally pleased that the effort had been worth it), rang my insurer to tee up a Saturday call, checked the bank's electronic transfer limit etc. and sent the seller a message to say all was good for 10.30 on Saturday. The same afternoon, the seller calls and says he was sorry but while he was out on work-related business, his very elderly father had become quite entrepreneurial and sold the car to someone else and let him drive off in it (LOL). I struggled with this explanation as on the Wednesday, the day before the viewing, I rung the seller's home number and his father answered and did not suggest he was capable of or interested in entertaining a viewing but just saying it's my son's car, he'll be back later. Also, the seller's wife had written my receipt out and she might have noticed a car that she sold earlier in the day being sold to someone else.

I was speechless (pretty much literally) and just said return the deposit. Presumably, he'd allowed a second viewing and used my "sale" to get a higher price. So, not a great start to the search for a Porsche - I've never had this sort of thing happen before, maybe I've been lucky in the past.

I should also mention that this was the Silverstone auction NEC car (R34 ???). The car was very tidy (it had clearly been detailed, which makes a massive difference and some paint - the front bumper was unmarked) but there were a couple of noteworthy points:

- a massive hole in the history, it had covered around 3,000 miles in the last 10 years or so but no history beyond 2009;
- the clocks had been changed and therefore the mileage went from 67K to around 29K. The explanation for this was that a used set of clocks were used and the mileage on those was 29K and there was a handwritten note (how convenient) on the service book to that effect.

I'm after a keeper so was willing to ignore/overlook those issues (others might not have done although clearly one other person was willing to buy it but not sure what they know of its history!).

That's all folks - a strange experience.

Unfortunately it used to just be buyers that were the timewasters and jokers.
These days sellers are just as bad. Had exactly the same done to me a while back on a BMW. Agreed a sale with the guy, spent a whole day making space in my garage and then the seller messages and says "Oh there's a massive mechanical problem occurred so I can't sell it now".

Very very annoying.

I posted this one the other day. Bit of a project and very little info but it could be a diamond in the rough. Equally it could be a dog so do your checks. :wink:

No connection at all just looked cheap so I noticed it.

eBay number 132441751582

PS. It ended unsold, reserve not met so maybe a deal to be done.

Still looking.

Very little around - I'm surprised, there used to be quite a lot of aero 996s for sale but presumably they have found homes and people aren't moving them on.

If anyone knows of one or wants to move theirs on, please let me know.

Thanks

Bump - doesn't time fly(!).

I'm still looking, so if anyone is selling or knows someone who is, please let me know.

Thanks

Coullstar

Thanks for the link.
I've looked at that one - it's local too and just what I'm after bar the sunroof.
The issue for me is, I'm looking for a keeper so would rather get one that ticks all the boxes.

I wonder if adding an aerokit to a Carrera 2 might be an option.
Aero kit plus fitting is getting on for £5K and that's with a replica rear lid!
Anyone bought or seen one of the Design 911 or Porscheshop upgrade kits?

You have not been to see my car so not sure how you can say I've looked at that one !!!
I think you will find it impossible to find the keeper you seek. I looked for 2 years plus, as I wanted the LSD, traction control, cable throttle car. There has to be some compromise if you are looking at a car that's 20 years old

If you can't find one which ticks all the boxes then tick some yourself. I wanted an early C4 non-sun roof with aerokit. Very thin on the ground so bought one with a sunroof. Strip out the sunroof and headlining, but a new roof panel and second-hand headlining and you get what you want. It is a 20 year old car, fiddle with it to your hearts desire.

MC

Limey
I meant I've looked at your advert as posted by coullstar!
I know it will be a tough task finding what I want and I may have to add an aerokit to an otherwise suitable car.

is1 said:
Limey
I meant I've looked at your advert as posted by coullstar!
I know it will be a tough task finding what I want and I may have to add an aerokit to an otherwise suitable car.

Cheaper to change the roof.

MC

MC
That's interesting. I didn't realise that was even possible.
Isn't the roof panel welded in, how easy is it to replace?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back