Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie Porsche Virgin - 997 C4S Project

Dan, You have done a great job in getting that blown engine car back to looking like that. well done mate. :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil. Its a shame your so far away as i'd show it you. Hows that steering wheel looking?

Been along time since i was last on here. Been busy with a e46 m3 track car i'm building.
The m3 was a couple manual in rare steel grey.
Only 500 were made in this colour.
The body work was abit rough which is now sorted. Also vanos was noise so had to rebuilt.
Whilst i was on i fitted the following csl carbon diffuser, csl bootlid, csl wheels, eibach pro springs, eventuri carbon airbox and clubsport gear knob.
Also has had a stage 1 evolve remap.

I saw a youtube video the other day where someone was reviewing intake mods on a 997.
Most of them lost power and others there was no benefit unless you remap the car.
I was impressed how good a panel filter came up on the review. Ran slighly better on the dyno and the sound was greatly improved.
So i purchased a k&n panel filter, resonator delete and intake silicone pipe. Quite a popular mod to make the car sound better and more aggressive. Fitting was pretty straight forward.
You can hear the induction noise now and it is definitely louder in the cabin. I recommend the mod for how cheap and easy it is to do.
Also it's easily reversible.

Also i had a few problems with the cars stereo. The bass went off and then decided to come on randomly even when the stereo was off.
I did some research and everything pointed at the amp.
Brand new these are expensive the other choice was to send the amp to norway where theres a bloke that fixes them.
Luckily i got one second hand off ebay for £35.
Fitted it and everything is perfect now.

Heres some pics of my car at the porsche rs day at oulton park. Great day out with some great people and great cars.

dan4s997 said:
Been along time since i was last on here. Been busy with a e46 m3 track car i'm building.
The m3 was a couple manual in rare steel grey.
Only 500 were made in this colour.
The body work was abit rough which is now sorted. Also vanos was noise so had to rebuilt.
Whilst i was on i fitted the following csl carbon diffuser, csl bootlid, csl wheels, eibach pro springs, eventuri carbon airbox and clubsport gear knob.
Also has had a stage 1 evolve remap.

I saw a youtube video the other day where someone was reviewing intake mods on a 997.
Most of them lost power and others there was no benefit unless you remap the car.
I was impressed how good a panel filter came up on the review. Ran slighly better on the dyno and the sound was greatly improved.
So i purchased a k&n panel filter, resonator delete and intake silicone pipe. Quite a popular mod to make the car sound better and more aggressive. Fitting was pretty straight forward.
You can hear the induction noise now and it is definitely louder in the cabin. I recommend the mod for how cheap and easy it is to do.
Also it's easily reversible.

Also i had a few problems with the cars stereo. The bass went off and then decided to come on randomly even when the stereo was off.
I did some research and everything pointed at the amp.
Brand new these are expensive the other choice was to send the amp to norway where theres a bloke that fixes them.
Luckily i got one second hand off ebay for £35.
Fitted it and everything is perfect now.

Heres some pics of my car at the porsche rs day at oulton park. Great day out with some great people and great cars.

Where did you get these short number plates? I have checked out these guys before https://www.number1plates.com/plate-type/short-number-plates/ but never bought plates before... where do you recommend?

Welcome back. Pop the M3 in the Other Performance Marques thread.

The shorter number plates were off ebay. I believe you can go as short as 13 inchs legally if the number plate is 5 digits or less. Type in 13 inch 5 digit plate. Never been pulled because of it.

When i get chance i'll put it in the other section.

Hi Dan, this is an excellent thread, and well done on sorting your engine out. I applaud you for taking that on!

Here is my new car, you might spot a few similarities!

IMG-8277.jpg

Dan good to see your still about and enjoying the 4S :thumb: :thumb:

Update -

Not been on here for while. Car is running great and recently had a deep clean so thought it was time to get a pro photo shoot. Really happy with the images.

Nice shots! I just got the Aero kit for my front bumper.
It absolutely transforms the 997 in my opinion.

It somehow modernizes it but keeps it looking classic 911

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back