Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Will it fit?

The old trick of a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling helps. New build garage. A little bit tight.

Attachments

• img_6836_123.jpg
    img_6836_123.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7,831
  • img_6835_211.jpg
    img_6835_211.jpg
    858.8 KB · Views: 7,831
  • img_6834_913.jpg
    img_6834_913.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 7,831
What is your side clearance like? Easy in and out?

It's a little tight through the door but 2.92m width once in. I only put it in the garage a couple of times a week or if the weather is bad, I've got alot of trees around the drive. After a couple of times it's easy. Also stuck a sponge to the wall so I can open the door without worry.

I have about 15cm of clearance from the rear bumper to the wall on mine. I chose to cut a wooden block to size and simply reverse until the rear wheels touch it - that way even if I approach a little too fast it's very unlikely to hit the wall

markz86 said:
I have about 15cm of clearance from the rear bumper to the wall on mine. I chose to cut a wooden block to size and simply reverse until the rear wheels touch it - that way even if I approach a little too fast it's very unlikely to hit the wall

Ditto. Except I drive in nose first. I like the reassurance of the front tyres nudging up against the wood over a Tennis ball touching the windscreen!

I bought a roll of Blupalu self-adhesive sponge door-protector from Amazon. Brilliant. Stocks to the wall like....well you know what! I cut a piece about a foot long and stuck it to the wall where the driver's door opens. Not only can I open the door against the wall to get in and out of the car but also I positioned each piece so that when the door opens to the middle of the piece the car is in the perfect place. Did the same the other side. Works well. Didn't put a piece of wood because sometimes I may reverse in.

blackram said:
Ply-boarded and painted ceiling, new LED 600mm panels (very bright), painted walls, new electric roller door and new UPVC back door. New loft ladder to access mezzanine floor. Ecotile K490 tiled floor. Porsche tailor-made blind. Very pleased and the car fitted perfectly!

Nice job!

Thanks - yes very pleased particularly when it fitted in!! And with enough room to work around the car. Happy😊

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back